Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by sandy »

{warn} to me and this will be short and sweet....spent all day trying to get different quotes on car repair, one garage wants £1227 for manifold flange repair, car is 13 years old for goodness sake, not worth the price of the repair >coc<
Anyhow have had scaly legs, long bent claws, liquid gunge falling from beak, stuck egg shell that had to be removed from vent and now severe weight loss so along with this weather and the thunder on sunday that was heard all around the surrounding areas everything is just hunky dory }hairout{
{warn} to me again.....more weekend
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Sandy , Let me know if I can help with car , I can get discount on new Ford pretty cheap a month (depending on what you call cheap I suppose )
Might be worth a look at .
Let me Know if I can help . 1000 pounds you could be driving a new car for 7/8months.
Bob
Hope it all improves .
How`s the RIVER at the back of your garden?
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

have had scaly legs, long bent claws, liquid gunge falling from beak, stuck egg shell that had to be removed from vent and now severe weight loss

Good grief Sandy, you want to get yourself to a doctor with all that!! {rofwl}

I've also got a garage appointment on Friday, as some swine smacked into my car while parked on the road and smashed up the wing mirror. Needless to say they didn't stop. At least mine is driveable though, yours sounds super serious!

You sound like you;'ve been busy lately. Let us know when you have a free weekend coming up, maybe we can have another henpal meet up - april time after easter?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Subject to weather /house etc , I will be going to the F of Dean Monmouthshire which will not be to far from Sandy on 15/03/2020 race is 1.00 pm and be finished by 4.00pm so probably be able to go for a early Diner at the pub.
Will phone Sandy nearer the time.
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Bob just let me know nearer the time
Karen yep i am up for a meetup, its been almost 10 moths yike*
Audrey,Ronnie and Blue have scaly leg mite again. IvyBelle Ped has massive talons which i have been clipping a bit of each time, Blue is not a well bunny. Blue has gone from a mad annoying girl to standoffish and losing weight. She is lucky i know who she is...after 4 of them moulted i was totally confused, had to look up old photos and check combs and speical markings. Charlie who always looked like Fozzie bear is now bigger as she is covered in luxurious shiny feathers, Blossom who was big and luxurious is now short feathered and seems smaller, Bunty has bloomed beyond all recognition to her former self too and Blue is so small now but is easy to recognise not from her first at the door and stay up late girl but her white necklace. I have had her on Bob's metacam for a week and she seemed to perk up but is still not putting on weight so vets tomorrow if i can get an appointment.
With most people's runs ours is waterlogged, messy and getting on my nerves now but as long as girls ok is my only concern. After the mass moult gone from 8 eggs a day to one? Merle lays in the eglu , usually infront of me in the morning so at least her egg can be eaten.
MY customers are rather worried especially with pancake day coming up!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Karen yep i am up for a meetup, its been almost 10 moths

What an unusual way of measuring time Sandy! {rofwl}

I'll have a look at my diary and see when I'm likely to be around - sadly likely to be in later april as have visitors coming for easter, and got a ton of stuff to do before then. But maybe the weather will have picked up by then!

How is Blue doing?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi we may all be in lock down .
We could send the hens in our place . More freedom than us ….
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Bob,thanks for the offer but car sorted. I wanted a little pink sports car with FAB number plates but not much room for ferrying hens around after a rehome :-D
I have had a nightmare time with the vet since Chris and Andrea left, Tom is hen savvy but not very sympathectic to hens as pets and Becky is always booked up by everyone as she is so nice!
Blue was not being annoying so popped her up vets, Leonardo saw her, he is hen knowlegable i was assured, well he stuck his finger up her vent and said she hasnt got an egg stuck, yeah i know that how about checking her breathing, weight,her crop and look down her mouth! No he asked me for a name of another hen, clicked on that and then said he would get me meds to give Blue >coc<
I waited at reception to pay and get meds getting more and more wound up, I got Blue out her carrier and popped her on the desk, this is my pet and i was lied to the vet was hen dumb so i demand to see someone else! No one was free so i was booked in with BECKY the following night. I told Becky all about it and she siad i would be refunded the consultation fee, she then felt under Blue and i knew by the look on her face it was bad. She had found a tumour so i let my funny little raptor Blue go {cry}
Becky had been lethargic so up she went.....guess what exactly the same scenario only this time it was with Debbie, she looked Bunty all over as i told her to and then said she felt a lump yike* but not sure what it was. bunty had nasty smelly liquidy poo so she said she would have it anaylised and would ring, anything to so with the lump i asked? Hmmm no idea what the lump was so another appointment booked the following day this time had to see TOM who said no lump, her poo was okay and the poo in the carrier was now normal. I had snuck Delta in the big carrier and he was not impressed when i got her out! i would have to pay for 2 consultations.....Delta def had eyp, i knew already, he drained off fluid with yolk in it but she is so sparky i didnt want her put down, i wnated her to be drained and implanted bu they dont do that }hairout{ she has meds and i have metacam for any pain, she is booked in monday with Becky to see if i can get her referred. I need to move further down south where all the vets seem to be hen savvy. £168 later i just hope my Delta Delts will pull through.
Ronnie, 7 year old Ronnie laid her last tiny egg last year but this week is bak laying regularly again!
Others all well thank goodness except ofr some mucky bums and scaly feet

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi sandy , Wish I could say it was good to hear from you . rough times in Bristol .
As long as no problems with cancelation of race , aim to be no 1 in Wales in age group . (Only entry so have got to cross the finish line.) Will visit when coming back along the M4.
Do you need any meds . (Baytril etc ) I will go to vets and get some .
Will get a large bag of worm pellets as well if you need some drop off.
Will also give a free hug to cheer you up .
Keep well as your flocks need you .
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Well as you know lost Delta and on the 16th little Bunty who plodded on being okish to bad for weeks. She had the pleasure of meeting Bob the night before for a cuddle and like me she was a bit sad it could only be a flying visit. She was so bad on the morning i rang and got an emergency appointment in the morning, couldnt let her linger all day {cry}
Did another rehome yesterday but went to the farm to catch the hens, only did this as not ex batties(couldnt stand getting girls out of cages and having to leave the other behind) it was a lovely ginormous farm not too far from our first henpal meeting. They were white stars and wiggys who were in their enormous chalet so we didnt have to chase them around the field {rofwl} hmmm it took us over an hour to catch 227, we had to get the white stars first then the wiggys. We were so upset 20 odd birds had no room in our crates but the really lovely farmer said girls the leftovers would be put in with the red rockets not culled!The farm dosent cull them they are just moved away from the egg selling hens :-D
We were unindated with rehomers who were so surprised to see white and grey hens along with a few rhode stars, we all kept safe, plenty of sanatiser from people not hens!
My postman lost his wiggys recently so i got him four and 2 wiggys, a rhode star 3 white stars just fell into my car {rofwl}

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

For the first time in yonks had a lovely relaxing time sat in with the girls this afternoon with all of them wellish )t' well when i say sat down i was moving stones around to fill in muddy parts when the rain came. The newbies have not had any rain since they came, bless they sleep on the outside perch which does get wet but luckily the part they are on at the moment is spookily and thankfully dry.
Veronica, aka Ronnie has been a bit liquidy from the mouth, her backside disgusting , poo stuck in clumps so she spent a good hour in a washing up bowl to be throughy cleaned. Her crop fine and well in herself.
Audrey gave me a scare 3 weeks ago, vet visit for sour crop but ok, funny nearly all of them have been head flicking on and off, all on apple cider vinegar.
Charlie had video vet check, she appeared to have eyp but softish shell and egg came out.
Blossom has her feathers grown back even more and now has a white flick on her back
LaurenBacall is a friendly nutter and very vocal
MerleOberon in her element as no longer bottom hen! But bless had an op at vets as bad crop, have to massage her everyday which she hates, plenty of cucumber and kale.
Not sure of rank order of newbies but Georgia def bottom, but so lucky spiky too.
CydCharisse is a woo, quite friendly and very pretty, will lay her eggs in muddy bit behind cottage!
IngridBergman is a lighter coloured woo, rather skittish, goes to bed early but gets off perch when Cyd gets up then goes back after.
Then the three white M's.....
MonicaRose is so vocal and nosy, Madeleine a scaredy and Myfawny sits and stares at me for ages.
Little Georgia is a rhode star, gets in and out of situations very well, gets bossed out by Merle a lot!
Nextdoor Ivybelle has a squaeky voice and claws too long, must sort that, Suranne had a messy bum so she has been in a bowl too and Bjork head and feather down, gentky massage and out came the softie....
oh wish i could self isolate with them all,,,,,

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Well its been touch and go here yike* Miriam Ped had awlful sour crop, so bad when i went to pick her up she began to choke so put her down quickly and gently. Got apple cider vinegar and plenty of cucumber and kale(vet said excellent for sour crop) and everyone had to have that in the Ped house. Miriam really worried me kept doing the choky cough and liquid dribbling, but fingers crossed after 7 days she seems much better and crop looks better. Merle really shouldve had the op they wanted to give her to investigate what was blocking her crop, although it feels just a bit doughy it is shaping up in the evening like Amanda-Jaynes , just hope the elasticity dosent go too far it cant be repaired, as soon as its able she is up vets.
Cyd-Charisse is showing signs of sour crop now, she is a typical woo, extremely skittish so will check her when she gets on the outside perch tonight.
Bowl ready for washing bots tomorrow, will be usual candidates Ronnie and Suranne and probably Ivybelle and Audrey. Yesteday I noticed a tennis ball sized lump hanging down from Jen, omg was it a prolapse, grabbed her so her bot was facing me and saw it was a huge bundle of poo! Mustve been higher up and the weight had dropped it as hanging by a few feathers and not noticed it when i cuddle her every night >coc< Mr Ped was in his garden so shouted at him to get a sharp pair of scissors. Bless Jen she got held 2 meters outwards while her daddy removed the offending object.
Lovely day yesterday sat in with girls who were all chilling , sunbathing and dustbathing. Charlie was even sat on a seat bedside newbie Madeine :-D

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Sandy did you rec. the letter / package.
Hope all well.
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Cyd and Miriam still gurgling, cant get anywhere near Cyd, a proper Woo! Crept up in the dark when she was on the perch but she flew down , luckily not hurting herself then had to spens a good 15 minutes guiding her back with a torch as she still ran away when in total darkness!
Got a bottle of frontline spray, ordered on line from vets who left it in a contaner for me to collect. Going to try to do them this afternoon but Cyd is going to be a nightmare, dosent even run up for treats only goes for them when i am well away and worried about choking Miriam who hates being caught in normal circumstances.
Merle would follow me everywhere, a proper Honey protege but since i have been massaging her crop everyday she hates me with a passion!
Of course cannot even get Mr Ped to help catch girls so shall ponder while i mow the lawn!

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Well girls were all frontlined VE day, the neighbours in the street could hear Vorky and Bjork prtoesting vehemently! Cyd being a Woo took forever to catch!
Have put cider vinegar back in the waters today as Merle and Miriam still liquidy, today Ronnie had liquid come out of her mouth and she and Audrey went wild for it yike*
For quite awhile Charlie hasnt been herself, no rushing about bullying the others, horrified to feel her underneath, so hard and tight. Phoned the vets in the morning of May 11th , receptionist i didnt know said could not guarentee a hen vet as Becky had been furloughed. Had to get her seen to but spent the whole time at work worrying if it wasnt a hen vet and they wanted to put her down would that be the right decision! Well I was so lucky, phoned to say i was in carpark at 330 alloted time and nurse came and took her in. Phone call less than five minutes later form Robyn a vet transferred from one of their other practices who confirmed eyp, said could drain but that would just delay the inevitable, said Robyn this is your hen what would you do? Knew the answer of course.
A few minutes later Robyn was in the car park waving to me with Charlie in a cardboard opened box, the lovely lady said i should say goodbye to Charlie and take my time. She said she would see to Charlie as soon as she took her back in with gas first. I wanted to hug her which of course i couldnt but she really helped the awlful situaton form becoming a nightmare as it well could have been if it hadnt been a hen vet.
Much quieter without Chassy girl {cry}
Today i have trimmed Ivybelle Ped's talons and spent 20 minutes catch Cyd to check out her vent as has not laid for 3 weeks, i know her eggs of course! Had to catch her the same way i did when she was caught on the farmby grabbing a leg! Phew finally got her on my lap mucky bum vent very slighty open? gave her a cut and brsuh up and then she sat at my feet, more exhausted than me!
Fingers crossed everyone keeps well......