An unwelcome visitor!

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Mallard
Legendary Laner

An unwelcome visitor!

Post by Mallard »

Went to collect my seed potatoes this morning, I've everything prepared for them in the lottie shed.
When the chap opened his store a large rat did a runner as the lottie cat nonchalantly looked on! )ang
About a third of his spuds are ruined, another day or two and I wouldn't have got any! )eat(
That d**n cat is too well fed, and spends all day ~eep~ !
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
4c lady
Legendary Laner

Re: An unwelcome visitor!

Post by 4c lady »

Yet the say the best hunter cats are those that are well fed. My hunter cat gave up catching mice as everytime she tried to get down the garden and through the cat flap with it - 8 hens would mug her. I popped home lunchtime to find my 2 cats had found the lounge door slightly open so had pushed their way in and were both lounging across the sofas looking at the poor hens pacing up and down their run in the pouring rain - dont worry the hens will get their revenge they never forget.
chickenlicken
Lively Laner

Post by chickenlicken »

What about a ratting terrier instead? Our patterdale is good at catching mice in our garden.
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

chickenlicken wrote:What about a ratting terrier instead? Our patterdale is good at catching mice in our garden.

Have heard of some chaps with plummers and paterdales who do rat clearances! yike*
But our association's main mans' not a dog man! {warn}
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

4c lady wrote: My hunter cat gave up catching mice as everytime she tried to get down the garden and through the cat flap with it - 8 hens would mug her.

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}

Oh 4c, I just LOVE that image!

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

I think it must be a good year for them.Our feed shed now has a large hole in the floor ,chewed by a rat. Pest control have put poison in a tray in there and we've nailed a big piece of steel over the hole. They are a nuisance. )dwn:
Looove chucks!