What birds have you had in your garden today?

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
bytheseaside
Lively Laner

What birds have you had in your garden today?

Post by bytheseaside »

Apart from all the usual suspects, we've had a black redstart today, which is quite rare for us out in this part of the wild west - guess it got blown in on the east wind.

www.livingincornwall.com
stace
Legendary Laner

Re: What birds have you had in your garden today?

Post by stace »

Just the usual for us today, Robins, Blue tits, Jenny Wren, Starlings Sparrows, and the 4 resident pigeons
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
roddelmae
Longlasting Laner

Post by roddelmae »

We get a family of blackbirds, a robin, pigeons, collared doves, and a mad crew of starlings, as well as some small brown birds which could be a number of breeds, not sure. Will have to get put my RSPB chart and binoculars.
As I haven't got my chooks yet because my knee is still not right, the wild birds are getting, amongst other things, our left-over pasta; they love it.
What's right with this country is the freedom to discuss what's wrong with it.
perchy

Post by perchy »

We have a resident robin, who comes up to the patio window to remind me to put feed out, blackbirds, wren, dunnocks, sparrows, starlings, blue tits and yesterday morning we had about ten long tail tits, also a big fat pidgeon }hairout{ who is like a hoover and my girls don't like her!! {cry}
4c lady
Legendary Laner

Post by 4c lady »

The starlings were waiting along the fence for me to put out the mealworms this morning. The bluetit also managed to grab a few as did the Robin. Other than that no other birds as my girls shoo off anything bigger - they arent keen on having to share their mealworms with anyone.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

We be simple country folks, so we get lots of 'em.
Today I've seen wood pigeons, collar doves, crows, rooks, magpies, blue tits, coal tits, great tits, long tailed tits, blackbirds, starlings, a thrush, dunnocks or sparrows (couldn't tell which), a tree creeper, nut hatch, a woodpecker (can't tell which sort it kept moving round the tree and I was getting dizzy), pied wagtail and a big male pheasant (very handsome)
Oh yes, and some chickens.
It's like that Alfred Hitchcock film round here. :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

I don't know what we have, but we clearly have alot as they have been making a racket of a noise all morning :-D Which is wonderful! Lots of different noises. They are certainly outdoing my chickens at the moment, and my neighbours ducks!

Ma Larkin
chickenlicken
Lively Laner

Post by chickenlicken »

I know that spring has arrived when I see the drakes and mallards sitting on the roofs of our houses in our street quacking and carrying on. {hug}
mercymee
Lively Laner

Post by mercymee »

The other day we had a green woodpecker who spent nearly two and a half hours digging up the lawn. Goodness knows what he found to eat, but it left lots of holes. Small price to pay for an afternoon's entertainment.
BekiB
Lively Laner

Post by BekiB »

We saw our first swallows this week! I saw one and hubby saw two (but it may have been the same one twice). Anyway, hubby is convinced it's two weeks earlier than last year (second week of April he thinks it was) and apparently (I'm no expert in these things) it is the sign of a good summer to come. I sincerely hope so.
BekiB
perchy

Post by perchy »

I havn't seen any yet, but I think it is said that it is a sign of a good summer to come )t'

Snow next week {cry}
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

We have a Pigeons nest right outide the back door in the hedge. She has been sat there for 3 days, with dad making visits with food. Awwwwww we have never had that before, i like my regulars they are very welcome to stay )t'
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
BekiB
Lively Laner

Post by BekiB »

Exciting week around here - heard the first cuckoo this morning! Not sure how happy he is though, the tree he likes to use every year was chopped down by our neighbour a few weeks ago..... A few more swallows have arrived as well.
BekiB
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Yesterday I had a fleeting visit from a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker which was great to see.