Free p&p seed suppliers

Special offers etc. you've come across out & about or online
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Free p&p seed suppliers

Post by lancashire lass »

When buying seeds, seed potato, onion sets and plants from online seed suppliers, the p&p can be quite crippling. I always wait for a "free p&p" weekend before buying. As I have purchased from various seed suppliers, I often get emails letting me know when the offer is on - the Thompson & Morgan and DT Brown Seeds free p&p have been fairly recent so another one will probably be during or after Easter.

Meanwhile, Mr Fothergills have just announced a free p&p this weekend until midnight 12th February for those who like to stock up early if interested: follow the home page instructions and type

F17ELOVE

at the checkout.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Free p&p seed suppliers

I've only just seen the email sent on Friday about this weekend's free p&p when buying seeds, seed potatoes, garlic and onion sets (plus other things as well - I've always found the free p&p useful when buying things like seed potatoes, bare rooted fruit bushes, strawberries, asparagus & so on) So sorry for the short notice. If interested:

DT Brown Seeds (ends midnight tonight 22nd January 2023) - don't forget to use the promotional code D23EPOST
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I have most of my seeds for this year's tubs and hanging baskets, bought from a well known mail order company. However before Christmas I sent for a clematis and a honeysuckle. The clematis looked unlikely to survive, so I contacted the supplier, who sent a replacement. The original plant is surviving, the replacement died. The honeysuckle is looking very sick. These have been on a south facing window sill, and watered regularly.

I should have waited until I could buy from a garden centre. They were for Christmas presents!
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

DT Brown Seeds are offering free p&p this Bank holiday weekend (plus other bargains)

Other online seed suppliers may have similar offers so worth a look if you are still looking for seeds and plants.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

What is the best site to get Heritage seeds from in the UK?
"Not all those who wander are lost"
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Trev62 wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 20:25 What is the best site to get Heritage seeds from in the UK?
I've submitted a more detailed post on Heritage Seed Suppliers in the Vegetable & Fruit growing forum