The Edible Garden

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
mothernature
Lively Laner

The Edible Garden

Post by mothernature »

I just caught this on iplayer, what a lovely show!

Ive seen Alys Fowler on Gardeners' World and always liked her style of gardening, and this show has given me some more tips to try growing veg again.

Lat year had mixed sucsess, though my purple sprouting brocoli and a bean plant were the clear winners!
I like how in this show, she plants the veg as part of the garden amongst the flowers.
*Mother Nature*
Looks after: 1 husband, 2 sons, 2 cats 1 fish & 1 chicken:
Quidditch - Isa
silky
Longlasting Laner

Re: The Edible Garden

Post by silky »

When we lived in Taunton in the mid sixties , we had a front garden, so I planted my veg among the flowers and it worked out well.
mothernature
Lively Laner

Post by mothernature »

some of the varieties are quite as beautiful as they are tasty, so i may give this a go, mine will mostly be in pots, but im sure that will work as well
*Mother Nature*
Looks after: 1 husband, 2 sons, 2 cats 1 fish & 1 chicken:
Quidditch - Isa
Dave NE
Lively Laner

Post by Dave NE »

I have watched both episodes so far and learnt something from each one, the first was planting dried peas (we call them steepy peas up here) and harvesting the growing tips, the second was that you can eat radish sead pods and what did i do with mine last year, yep, threw them on the compost heap, i had a sneaky feeling she was a bit of a hippy chick when i first seen her on Gardeners world and her own show has confirmed it but i hope she can gain lots more converts to the grow your own campaign, Dave NE