cheap fruit bushes

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

cheap fruit bushes

Post by Meanqueen »

I got some fruit bushes from the pound shop yesterday, black currant, and raspberry. They must have been in the packaging for some time, wrapped in a plastic bag, inside a box, but they have some new growth so I am hopefull that they will survive. You've got to try it for a pound each. The same ones were in the posh DIY place, Homeblogs, for £2.99.

I bought some more seed spuds, and some onion sets, so I'm off outside now while the sun is shining.

Must tidy that compost heap !!!

Ilona
(f+ (f+ (f+ (f+ (f+
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

cheap fruit bushes

Post by AnnaB »

Sun shining??? What sun.....

Pound shop have some very good buys - Chris is always getting computer stuff there.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

The problem with the pound shop is that I’m never quite sure where and how it’s produced; I wouldn’t have thought that the majority of the merchandise would be accredited as fair trade and quite probably some items wouldn’t pass the safety standards (I used to go out with a girl who worked in a pound shop and there was some issues about lead paint on pencils). Apart from that are dead good for some things, fruit bushes for instance.
Bah Humbug
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

one year on

Post by Meanqueen »

My cheap fruit bushes one year on. I have put them in tubs so the cat's can't spray on them, they will need to go into the ground at some point. I have three more which aren't quite so big, and one that looks like it will not make it.

Ilona
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Lookin' good! )t'
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well done a good buy indeed.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning