how green are you?

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

how green are you?

Post by 4 french hens »

Just to make you a tiny bit jealous folks here are some of the radishs I've grown here in France and yes that really is a litre of milk for size comparison.
The only snag is :- theses monsters bite back with avengence!
Roscoe, these are the seeds I've sent you, these are as pulled less than 4 weeks after planting!

radish 2008 320 pixels
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
chickentina
Legendary Laner

Post by chickentina »

wow what a size :shock:

there must be something in the earth or is it the lovely sunshine (we don,t have!)

well done

tina xx
mum to five lovely children, nine gorgeous girls, two adorable cats a bouncey border collie pup and a patient loving hubby xxxxx
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

Post by 4 french hens »

There must be something in the earth, usually called well rotted horse s**t!

What sunshine? According to local french farmers there are 13 full moons both this and last year. Apparently this only occurs every hundred years or so and unsettles the weather for up to 5 years, so 3 to go.******

To be honest, they are giant varietys, but the white one on the left should not have been pulled untill late november and the black one on the right seems to have grown so fast its colour could not keep up with its development!

Have found an english company that sells mammoth onion seeds they claim will grow to 22lb each. I'm looking forward to harvesting them next year.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.