Dangerous brownies

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Dangerous brownies

Post by MissEllie »

Just want to start by saying I'm not a great baker but I really outdid my rubbish baking today. :oops:
Thought I'd try a new brownie recipe with the girls (7 & 3), all went well until it told me to bake it for 45 minutes and I believed it. It came out like a paving slab but the kids managed to chew they way through most of it.

On the bright side though my 11 year old now has a tooth to put under his pillow tonight! :oops:
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
p.penn

Re: Dangerous brownies

Post by p.penn »

Oooops! {rofwl}

Although I do a lot of baking, I have never made brownies - mainly because the ingredients are so pricey. They are on my 'to do' list though, but I think I will use my recipe, not yours. {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Oh dear! {rofwl} {rofwl}

I can recommend the Jamie Oliver brownies though, expensive, sickly, but amazing!
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

MissEllie wrote:Just want to start by saying I'm not a great baker but I really outdid my rubbish baking today. :oops:
Thought I'd try a new brownie recipe with the girls (7 & 3), all went well until it told me to bake it for 45 minutes and I believed it. It came out like a paving slab but the kids managed to chew they way through most of it.

On the bright side though my 11 year old now has a tooth to put under his pillow tonight! :oops:

Oh, MissEllie {rofwl}
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

a friend of mine makes her's in the microwave and they are always that lovely moist dense texture, we are still waiting for her to share the recipe
)c+ )c+ )c+
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Essex Bird
Lively Laner

Post by Essex Bird »

someone made me some years ago, cant remember much after that, I think they had hidden ingredients yike*
Mandy
x
live long and prosper
ey ey ya yeye ey i killed my mother.... la la la la la la la lalala gringo
http://mandysgarden.blogspot.com
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I use a Mary Berry recipe, it`s cheap and you just bung it all in a nd mix it. I also have a recipe for irish cream brownies but havent made them for agaes.
mary berry one works every time.
Miss Ellie, whats the going price nowadays for a tooth under the pillow?
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Hey Essex, you didn't say if they were good or not.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Mrs Boodles - he's getting £1 from the tooth fairy it costs a fortune with 4 kids!
Will need to go back to my original recipe, I don't know what I was thinking - 45 minutes!! {rofwl}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
manda

Post by manda »

Oh dear Ellie.... {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} ...sorry.... {rofwl} {rofwl}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Essex Bird
Lively Laner

Post by Essex Bird »

Americanlady wrote:Hey Essex, you didn't say if they were good or not.

I remember thinking everyone was weird in how they painstakingly devided the tray up evenly so that each would have the same, I ate mine, quite yummy and then I think I passed out {rofwl}
Mandy
x
live long and prosper
ey ey ya yeye ey i killed my mother.... la la la la la la la lalala gringo
http://mandysgarden.blogspot.com
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

At least the girls ate them.They were probably alright if you sucked them a bit first. {rofwl} {rofwl}
Am I the only person who doesn't like brownies? I hate any chocolate that is of a soft texture. Even chocolate ice cream.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Oh Dear! A lot of recipes give too long cooking time - they should still be wobbly when you take them out (but I suppose it's a bit late for advice now!)
There's a lovely-looking recipe in the Times this weekend, for an orange and ginger brownie. Am tempted to try, I am not so keen on brownies with nuts in.
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Essex, I think one of my friends (many years ago) had a similar recipe. There were a lot of such recipes going around back then!!! LOL
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Aww Ellie {rofwl} {hug}

I'm like you with baking too, no matter how hard I try sometimes things just don't seem to work out {cry}

I did a chocolate fudge cake last week, took me ages and not to mention expense but it just didn't taste right {cry}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.