Slow cooker recipes.

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
essentialequine
Lively Laner

Post by essentialequine »

I did an american style BBQ pork in my slow cooker today, but overdid the chili sauce, could not eat it, cause it was to hot, OH loved it )sh
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

thanks for the sponge rec' kate egg.

I'm planning vennison casserole in mine tomorrow( it was marked down in price as close to expiry date, but it's vacum packed so i'll take my chances)

but my hob has finally died! it had a terminal crack (in the hob) for months and the builder called today say they could fit me in next week to replace it and it died, i'd just put the rice on and it hadn't even boiled. Guess we will be having lots of slow cooked (1 pot)meals!
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
chickentina
Legendary Laner

Post by chickentina »

tonight we had areally good beef stew i put on at 10 this morning about quarter was left and i have added pasta to make a good sumbstantial meal for tomorrow )t'

tina xx
mum to five lovely children, nine gorgeous girls, two adorable cats a bouncey border collie pup and a patient loving hubby xxxxx
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Did a pork joint and veggies in mine today (yummy) - nothing left, there are never any leftovers in our house :?
bookbinder
Lively Laner

Post by bookbinder »

Chicken is good... just put it in slow cooker, no water, just a little seasoning if you like. The juces from the chicken form a stock base for the gravy! lovely.
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I did rice pudding in mine recently. I just chucked in pudding rice, milk, a bit of vanilla essence I found in the back of the cupboard and some sugar. Put it on high til it's going sort of foamy then turn it on low, giving it a stir every so often. Was lovely!!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Ronnie
Lively Laner

Post by Ronnie »

Ah will try the rice pudding in the slow cooker as that i our favourite!

If you do a pork stew in the slow cooker it is well worth putting a large handful of prunes in. I hate the things normally but they make the gravey so tasty and they fall apart so you don't really notice them in it
wife, mum of 2, owner of 2 hamsters, 3 fish tanks, 1 house rabbit, 3 German Shephards, an allotment and now 2 CHICKENS!
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I tried rice pudding but it took a lot longer than the recipe said, about 5 hours on high, so we had pud about 9.30 that night :-D The boys said they prefer the one I do in the microwave so back to that one )c+

Prunes in gravy yike* this cook would get the sack if they ever found out :-D
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

kate egg wrote:Prunes in gravy yike* this cook would get the sack if they ever found out :-D

You need restaurant speak - "best pork fillet basted in a blend of exotic plum juices and ...."

Funny, I also did a pork joint in the slow cooker on Sunday with apple, carrot, onions & peas. There's loads of meat left and last night did a sort of spicy pork & tomatoe soup (chopped pork, some of the jelly from the pork meal, tin of (cheap) plum tomatoes, rough cut, piri piri spice, some noodles broken into pieces into a pan, bring up to the boil and simmer until noodles soft. Bread & butter for dip. Very nice )t'
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Ooo that soup sonds yummy and warming for a cold winter evening )eat(
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

Post by 4 french hens »

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 large chicken breasts boneless and skinless
2 cups uncooked rice

place the rice in the bottom of the slow cooker, then add the soups...and lastly place the chicken on top ...Cook on slow for 8 hours

Mike
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Mike have you tried that one or is it one you found somewhere? Sounds good but would like to know what you think before I do it )t'
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

Post by 4 french hens »

It was sent by a friend. Thought folks might like it, but cannot try myself as we have no slow cooker here. Will try to get one over christmas and do some experimenting in the new year.

Mike
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I did spag bol in the slow cooker on monday and it was lovely!
I had only one tin of tomatos in the cupboard so I whizzed them in the blender, put them in the slow cooker with some finely chopped onions and put a block of frozen mince on top. Came back a couple of hours later and the mince had absorbed the tomatos. It gave such a lovely rich flavour. Added herbs, kidney beans, garlic, chickpeas yesterday lunch time and left it to stew away on low til tea time. Was really nice, very rich and much tastier than normal!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

)eat( that sounds yummy )t'