Scones

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
p.penn

Scones

Post by p.penn »

MMMMMMMmmmm! I wanted to get something for my ever patient neighbour for looking after my chooks and Bailey while I went away for a couple of days, and thought than rather give him the usual bottle of wine, I would actually do something that required a bit of effort. So I bought a tub of clotted cream, and decided on giving him a cream tea with home made scones and jam. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (can you see where this is heading? {rofwl} )

Whilst I was making the scones, I decided to make a double batch and freeze some for later, but when they came out of the oven, they smelled so good that I decided I would decant the clotted cream into a bowl for him, so that I could have a little (just for testing purposes you understand +f+ ).

Luckily the bowl didn't hold even half of the cream, so there was plenty left. I wanted to check they weren't poison so just had one. Then went back for seconds and thirds. {rofwl}

Good job I took his cream tea round before I ate the lot!!! .ang.

Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mad Chick

Re: Scones

Post by Mad Chick »

Mmmmmmmmm... nothing better than a home made scone (as long as they're not mine), clotted cream and jam.... )pg(

I am now dribbling just a little bit
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Proper job as they say in Cornwall, I looooooooooooove a cream tea. Scones look very yummy scrumptious Helen. I always like to taste the cakes I made, probably why I look like a weeble {rofwl} {rofwl}
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

They do look very good Helen, I am so unpredictable with mine, some ok others bounce {rofwl} .
I love cheese scones and at the garden centre they make apple and cinnamon scones they are pretty good too )t'
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Ooohhh yummy, I wish I was there to help with the testing. Scones should always have clotted cream yum yum.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Just had fourths....... :oops:

It is very cold today though +f+
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Your scones look delicious Helen, I'm another scone fan, I'm never sure whether the cream goes on top of the jam or the other way round >coc< . I prefer cream first then jam )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

They look delicious Helen. I haven't made scones in ages. Now I know what I'm doing with Rose & her friend tomorrow afternoon :-D
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

MissEllie wrote:Your scones look delicious Helen, I'm another scone fan, I'm never sure whether the cream goes on top of the jam or the other way round >coc< . I prefer cream first then jam )t'

I have jam first (raspberry as I loathe strawberry) then cream because otherwise the jam would go everywhere, I have a scone that rhymes with bone not a scone that rhymes with gone.
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

I could go one of them right now )t'
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Well i have some lovely jam here just crying out for one of Helens scrummy scones but it will just have to make do with a slice of toast. Ah well i have a good imagination so it wont be to bad :-D
Mm mm mmmmmmm this scone and jam are yummy mmmmmm mmmmmmm slurp munch mmm
get down dogs im not shareing my scone with you greedy hounds!!
mmmmmmmm( i have said before that im a bit daft)

O gosh reading this back i sound like a right loon ah well its all this rain flooding my brain(cackles manically) {rofwl} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Mrs B wrote:, I have a scone that rhymes with bone not a scone that rhymes with gone.

{rofwl} I have a scone that rhymes with gone )t'

Helen - how many are left now? It's not too late to invite us all over +f+
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Still about a dozen left- should last me till lunchtime! {rofwl}

I am a scone as in cone girl, and have butter, jam then cream. Then more cream +f+
Helen xx

albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Scones are my absolut favourite. I make a batch each week and freeze, just taking out 2 a day. For the waistline sake.
Yours do look soooo good Helen and I'm sure tasted as good as they look. I must say that you are a bit of a dark horse. Besides you being our wine expert, you are doing all that lovely crochet work and now baking good enough to make us drool.
What next I wonder!!!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Well, thank you June {hug} but I'm afraid my latest crochet project is a bit of a disaster - a sheep which, well, will look like a sheep sort of (in places) but the bobbles are all random instead of even!

However, my sconey after -walk treat for today was completely scrummy....

I feel seconds coming on. +f+
Helen xx