I can't stop eating!

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
LisaB

Re: I can't stop eating!

Post by LisaB »

aishakali wrote:A loaf in 36 hours!! Half a loaf in a day!!! Lightweights!! I can eat a home made loaf in a couple of hours :? Thats why I only make them now and again....they are irresistable >dum<

{rofwl} {rofwl} I imagine if I made a homemade loaf it'd be gone straight away. Nothing like a nice fresh loaf of bread!
Might try and make a nice seeded one this week actually, the ones in the supermarket never have enough seeds.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Lisa, stop this immediately, or when you are my age you will look just like me.....and you don't want that!! Size 8 to size 16 and via a very snug size 18, so beware!!!!!

Do you think you're actually hungry or are you possibly just bored? The slimming groups try to get you to identify how you are feeling when you crave food, and to address the mood in other ways.

An other outside possibility is an allergy, which I have had. Like with dr-ugs or booze, for some reason we apparently crave the thing we are intolerant of, and eat more and more to get the same 'hit', but have come down symptoms as well like accompanying illnesses. you could try being very strict and cutting out your object of desire completely for a few days (at least 5) to see if the craving goes away.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you Freeranger {hug}

I'm trying to stop, but it's so difficult! Actually, last night I managed without but I had a hugeee dinner (mince and dumplings :oops: )

Come to think of it, I think I am just bored you know, as even though I don't do much throughout the day, I still play and walk the dogs, go and chat to/muck out the chickens, work on some graphics, do some baking, but at night when the chickens are in bed, the dogs are full of food and tired, and I'm too worn out to do anything, it seems only then do I go to food. I also feel quite restless on a night because usually I read from 8-10 but my eyes are too sore at the moment, and this seems to be the time I'm stuffing my face.

I don't "think" I'm intolerant of anything (apart from i know I'm allergic to kiwis, lavender, and have hayfever). I actually did two weeks without eating bread to see if it made me feel any better after I was feeling a bit sluggish a few weeks back (but I do have chronic fatigue, so you know {rofwl} ) but I didn't find it helped at all.
Annemieke
Lively Laner

Post by Annemieke »

Have a look at http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-hea ... -cravings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if you like, sounds useful.
Love from a proper carnivore! (But not much and I only eat meat which has had a good life - my body these days needs its nutrients in an easily absorbable form)
Love, Annemieke Wigmore, Somerset, UK http://thoughtforfood-aw.blogspot.com
Annemieke
Lively Laner

Post by Annemieke »

By the way, does anyone know why the websites in my postings come out so funny?
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you for that link :-D
One thing I am wondering though, is it's another page that mentions nutritional yeast, I've seen a lot of recipes that use this but I've not been able to find it any where, does it have a different name in the UK or something?

By the way, does anyone know why the websites in my postings come out so funny?

I'm not sure! I just copy and paste it from the URL bar straight into a comment.
You can put [url]LINK HERE[/url] , not sure if this would make a difference?
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Marmite is yeast extract, Lisa - very good for you, so I'm told, except for the fact that it's too disgusting to eat any. I use it occasionally in stews to flavour the gravy.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Freeranger wrote:Marmite is yeast extract, Lisa - very good for you, so I'm told, except for the fact that it's too disgusting to eat any. I use it occasionally in stews to flavour the gravy.

I LOVE Marmite :-D
I was just wondering about the nutritional yeast because there's loads of recipes I've wanted to try but can't seem to find it in shops, can only order it (mostly from american websites), was wondering if it actually had another name over here?
Annemieke
Lively Laner

Post by Annemieke »

If you are happy to eat eggs, why don't you go out NOW and buy some - as good as you can get them: organic, freerange, pastured. They have many nutrients which as a vegan are very very important for you.
Soft-boiled is best!
Love, A.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Annemieke wrote:If you are happy to eat eggs, why don't you go out NOW and buy some - as good as you can get them: organic, freerange, pastured. They have many nutrients which as a vegan are very very important for you.
Soft-boiled is best!
Love, A.

I only eat eggs from my own hens, if I could find somewhere local that sold eggs and also kept their hens to die of old age rather than cull them when they're past their prime I would buy from somewhere like that, but I'm not rural at all so haven't come across one.
I'm getting some new hens in a few days so hopefully scrummy eggs will be back on the menu soon )t'

I've never had a soft boiled egg, the look of them makes my stomach churn for some reason. Odd, as I'm not usually the squeemish type, but no, I don't do soft boiled eggs! Hard boiled though )eat(