Paul Hollywood - Bread Series

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Paul Hollywood - Bread Series

Post by fabindia »

Anyone watching Paul Hollywood's series on BBC2?

We have been baking sourdough bread for a while now, pretty standard stuff really. But I tried his white chocolate and raspberry bread at the weekend. It is made with sourdough and is delicious :-D

We also tried his ale loaf - he has some great ideas. If you are interested in baking bread, then it is worth a watching on iPlayer catch-up.
Michael
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: Paul Hollywood - Bread Series

Post by mrs boodles »

I have been watching it Michael, bought sourdough bread to try at farmers market on saturday, I did`nt like it but hubby does. I just did`nt like the sort of sour smell and taste to it. I make all my own bread, not that adventuous but borrowed his book from library and have written down some of his recipes I fancy trying.
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

Ive been watching it partly because i love making bread, partly because i love eating bread and mostly because i love paul hollywood! x We quite often make our on bread because i dont eat white supermarket bread it sucks!
photos of allotment & other nice things: http://pinterest.com/girlontheplot/

Follow my blog:
http://girlontheplot.blogspot.co.uk/

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Tried his baguette recipe and it was rubbish!
However it is good to see lots of new ideas and anything that gets more people baking is great.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I was given the book for my Birthday. I'm resting my sourdough starter in the fridge at the moment, and have started a P.H. sourdough starter - first loaf with dinner this evening, and not a lot left, so I think it was enjoyed.
I'm getting repeated requests for the caramelised garlic bread as well. I prefer my usual bread recipe to his though.

I want to try making crumpets - have never done that before, but I can't find my rings.

(and I'm enjoying laughing at the Nigella-style filming)
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.