Wine making started.

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Wine making started.

Post by albertajune »

Well at long last I have got 2 demi johns full of fermenting rhubarb wine and today If started off parsnip and orange.
The rhubarb wine from Helens recipe was lovely and hope this years will be as good. I've not made the parsnip before and wasn't sure about it, but thought I'd give it a try. Has anyone else made it? I'd be interested what type of wine it makes. Besides the parsnips, it contains raisins, strong tea and orange juice, so sounds more like a desert wine, but time will tell. )hic(
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Re: Wine making started.

Post by Linda S »

Well June the most i do with parsnips is roast them {rofwl} but i must say from the sound of your recipes the wine will be very tasty :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I have made it June and thought it was rather good. Tastes of parsnips though (well it would really I guess, but I was surprised!) - it really does need a bit of maturing and is very strong. :-D

I have started one gallon of rhubarb this week, with a second on it's way as soon as I get time - maybe monday. Talking of starting wine +f+ I have just sampled last years rhubarb, which only got racked for the first time on the 9th May yike* . There is now a jug of it sitting in my fridge for further sampling tonight! {rofwl}

Don't think I will be needing to wash any bottles {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Helen, your rhubarb wine is really lovely, but being too generous to my family, I insisted they each took a sample home, which made my stock look rather sparse. I have made more this year.
I hope the parsnip isn't too strong in parsnip flavour. I like them as a veg, but as a flavour for wine, not sure :?
OH will drink anything if it has a kick, so it won't go to waste. {rofwl}
I hope it is a good year for fruit this year, especially for my grapes. They make the yummiest dark rose. I've got a bottle of that hidden for ME.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.