Alternative use for apples

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Alternative use for apples

Post by Meanqueen »

I have loads of apples that people have given me, the good ones are stored wrapped in newspaper, but still plenty to eat now. So for every meal I am adding an apple or two to get through them. My latest recipe is scrambled eggs with apples. Put a drop of oil in a pan and chop up a small onion and some apples, cook them for a few minutes till soft, then add two eggs and scramble it all together. Lovely.

At this moment I am eating my veggie stew, and it has apples in it, and the usual potatoes, carrots, sprouts, cabbage, onion, brown rice. It's delicious. So stick your apples in anything you are making. Don't waste any food, even though it may sound a bit odd.

Ilona
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

:shock: :-D :shock: Never thought of adding apples to scrambled eggs.

Got a huge bag full in the pantry, and loads in the freezer, the chooks are still working their way through the windfalls :-D
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

In this cold weather the wild birds like apples, but they prefer them chopped so they can get through the skin, and the smaller the better so they can take them under cover to eat.

They get the ones that won't keep and I can't give away.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Funny enough I've also been adding an apple to most meals too - great in chilli con carne, squash soup, stewey dinners ... )t'
smallholderwannabe
Lively Laner

Post by smallholderwannabe »

We've been adding apples to lots of things too. They go well in a stirfry or added to anything with cabbage in. The rabbits and hens like helping with the windfalls too.
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

They're scrummy chopped into a salad as well (f+
Jackie xx
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

and apple moes!, or apple for pork pureed? make good gifts too, yummie with belly of pork
manda

Post by manda »

cider )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny