Mince pies

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

I love all of those mince pies, xmas cake and pud!

I have been getting the sainsburys ones taste the diff they have added brandy! :razz: i think 2 for £3 going to get 4 lots and freeze em! No time to make my own this year going to make sausage rolls though! )t'

stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Ronnie
Lively Laner

Post by Ronnie »

MINCE PIES ARE THE BEST!!!

Much to my utter horror after I gave birth to our daughter 2.5yrs ago I become wheat intolerant............ I now watch others eating them and begin to drool! wheat free pastry is no where near as good.

Budgens mince pies were always the best and they always do a deal, 2 boxs for £2.
wife, mum of 2, owner of 2 hamsters, 3 fish tanks, 1 house rabbit, 3 German Shephards, an allotment and now 2 CHICKENS!
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Hi

Its official pastry is the staff of life, that must be hard being wheat intolerant.

Home made sausage rolls did someone mention, wow.

My friends are all size 10 i am a good 14/16. And they moan about partners and boyfriends, i always say that food is an all consuming love, and its the greatest love of all.

i have said this it a couple of threads but christmas is a time of gluttony, and overindulging thats probably why i love it, i love been full and you just can't eat another thing apart from a couple of chocs, and its great being completely inactive, just loafing around.

Regards

Mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

There's always room for more chocs! LOL )t' (f+
Jackie xx
bookbinder
Lively Laner

Post by bookbinder »

Being vicars wife and new to parish thought I should make an effort and make mince pies to have after carol service! soooo usually my pastry is ok but for this event I wanted it to be excellent. 5 dozen pies later I think I have finally cracked it, they are lovely!

What did I do with the all the ones that were not for public consumption? No, I did not eat all of them, but the hens are thoroughly enjoying my experiment!!!!! )c+
Nellie
Lively Laner

Post by Nellie »

If you want to cheat and tart up some shop-bought mince pies, go to a chemist and buy a small dropper bottle (about 60p).

Then use the dropper to add some brandy directly through the pastry hole into the pie - scrumptious or what!

And, best of all, because the pies are already baked ... the brandy doesn't evaporate much, and all the 'goodness' stays within.
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Good idea, Nellie.

Normally hubby makes a variety of mince pies, he gets all of his recipes for his pies from the BBC Good Food magazines.

Because our kitchen is not 100% complete yet we haven't got round to baking, so will have to go and get some from a friend of ours, Mr Kipperaling!!!! :-D :-D
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Pucca
Lively Laner

Post by Pucca »

My favourite!!!!

What can ii Say!!!

Miince Piies and Double Cream!!!

Fab!!!!

xx

)c+ )c+ )c+ )c+ )c+