Brussel Sprout Water

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

I would never in a million years drink veg water, especially brussels or cabbage-far to sulphur-y. I also use a steamer, its a tiered electric one, and as MQ said,you can cook a whole meal in one, and so healthy. Gravy is a hybrid between granules and meat stock. OH insists on all fatty juices being included, and will only have beef gravy granules. I do use whole carrots like a trivit to support a piece of meat and keep it from the bottom of the roaster sometimes, it adds a little sweetness to the meat juices. I do enjoy juiced veg, but not cabbage or brussels-worse than the water! (May be useful if you have a very small wind turbine :oops: :shock: )
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Honest its nice, there is no sulphur taste, just a mild veg taste as long as they are not over-cooked )t'
leckyman
Lively Laner

Post by leckyman »

)dwn: )dwn: )dwn: )dwn: sile}

Sorry just couldn't drink it !!!

I always use veg water for my gravey makes it taste better.

Dave
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

i like the brussel tops for gravy but sprouts or curly kale is also wonderful, and as coming from london i use my potato water to make my liquor for me pie and mash yum yum yum, with me home made pies too
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

Sharon, you've really done it now, pie & mash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The pie was a luxury but we did have liquor and mash. I hear it is now very expensive. If you make your own pies what sort of pastry do you use? The pastry on the pie shop ones were something special. Do you put vinegar on the liquor? Oh I could eat a plateful now. Have you got the proper plate with the wide lip?
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oooh pie and mash.
A couple of times a year my mother would take myself and my sister, on the bus, to meet my Dad from work and we went to the pie and mash shop. So much liquor it drown everything.....lovely. Haven't had it since I was a child. But I also have heard it is expensive now.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Wendy havent got a clue to the price as all my family still live in london and eat it 1 time a week along with fish and chips and crackling , but sadly here in holland we dont get these yummies so have to make me own, not that i mind at least i know the meat in the pies is fresh mmmmmmmmm, and home made mash with liquor , ok i have to go to belguim to get me malt vinigar , but i dont mind that, and as for fresh fish from the fish monger or the boat and battering it and frying it and getting all them fatty crackling pieces all yummier, even getting better at making chip shop chips!:P:P:P:P
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

misty i use steak plates enough for 2 pies ( there is a trick to the pie making, i learnt this) , and then 4 icecream scoops of mash and a jug of liquor on the tablew piping hot , vinigar x 2 as we argue over this, and hungry stomachs is all it takes

HAOPE IM NOT MAKING YOU ALL TOOOOOOOOOO HUNGRY, think i will make this tomorrow
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

i make my own pastry, its a all butter pastry for the base, and i use puff pasrty with milk wash, minces meat , and add a so small amount of butter with gravy for the juice in the middle,
works always, never anything left on the plate here, and all want to take home ( children i mean as they dont live at home no more to have to make loads:):):), eat more before i start i finks!)