home made lemsip

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

home made lemsip

Post by Babycakes »

Add a large spoonful of honey and a good slug of lemon juice (fresh or bottled) to a mug of hot water. Use to wash down two paracetamol (cheap own brand) when necessary. Much better than expensive lemsip-type things that you can only have so many of in a day - you can drink this (minus the tablets of course!!) as much as you want
Am off home for one now *sniff sniff*
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Also hot blackcurrant drink, and if you can forage for elderberries in late August/September, do try and make some elderberry syrup (with lemon, ginger and cloves) Store in a cool, dark place (wrap aluminium foil round the bottle) and dilute this down with hot water (and smell all those lovely spices in the vapour) Absolutely packed with vitamin C (so drink anytime) and very good for coughs & colds )t'
Evie
Lively Laner

Post by Evie »

I do that already Babycakes as I hate the taste of lemsips.
It works better anyway. I have always thought they were a waste of money.
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

I am at this moment sipping my home made lemon remedy, for my horrible cough. Was up all last night coughing. Lempsips make me feel sick, so never have them. I only ever have sliced lemon, honey and hot water. No tablets, as they do not agree with my stomach ulcers.

Much cheaper than the flu remedies, and taste better too.
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Oh, I am another one who hates lemsips. Taste really synthetic and for some reason do make me feel like really being sick.

I prefer to have a hot toddy, a measure of whisky in a glass, add a glug of honey (leave the spoon in the glass) and pour on boiling water. Hasten to add this is last thing at night before I go to bed and I never have any problem going to sleep. Definitely NOT something to have on a morning, driving into work. :shock:
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
hfbinnie
Lively Laner

Post by hfbinnie »

If get the dissolving paracetamol's and drop them in the hot lemon and honey drink it is just like the shop bought ones...but better tasting.