Queenie - Guide Dog for The Blind Puppy

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Mummy Hen
Lively Laner

Re: Queenie - Guide Dog for The Blind Puppy

Post by Mummy Hen »

caz she is beautiful,v cute. we have our home visit in 2 weeks!so feelin a bit nervous.hx
wendy

Post by wendy »

>fi< >fi< >gl<
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mummy Hen
Lively Laner

Post by Mummy Hen »

thanks wendy,i'm sure it will be ok i just don;t know what to expect.
Caz-N-Chooks
Lively Laner

Post by Caz-N-Chooks »

I was very nervous when it was my home visit too, My PWS (puppy walker supervisor) came with a puppy walker and her puppy who was 8 months and huge!!
We went through what is involved and all the legal stuff.

PWS wanted to see the garden was secure and where we would be able to put a spending pen (it has to be on concrete) She also wanted to see where the puppy would sleep and where a crate would fit if needed. It was mainly a chat about how a pup would fit in with our lives and that we would be able to cope. There are lots of different rules from having a pet dog and she will go through those with you probably.

She filled in a form at the end and my hubby could see a bit of what she was writing, she assessed the kids as calm and confident and out dog as behaviour excellent.

We went out for a short walk and I had to walk the pup and show I could handle a strong puppy, a policeman came over to say hello and the pup jumped up and headbutted him Oops :oops: but he was fine about it :-D

Oh and obviously they have to check that you know that we have to give the puppy up. Queenie is potential breeding stock so may go as young as 8 months so it's not always a case of them staying till they are 12 months old.

It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, they were here for about 2 hours but I felt drained once they had gone :?

Good luck and let me know how you go on, don't hesitate to ask me anything and I'll help if I can :-D
Caz x

1 Hubby, 2 kids, 1 Cat, 1 Dog, 2 Chickens (Blue Orpingtons) 6 Fish, 1 Albino Aquatic African Clawed Frog and Queenie The Guide Dog Puppy
If anyone wants to follow Queenie the Guide Dogs for the Blind puppys daily diary on Facebook please go to http://www.facebook.com/groups/233032836753711/
Mummy Hen
Lively Laner

Post by Mummy Hen »

yes i'll let you no how it all goes caz. thanks for all the info thats fab. )t' >fi< now.hx
Caz-N-Chooks
Lively Laner

Post by Caz-N-Chooks »

So had Queenie nearly 7 weeks now and she's just coming up to 14 weeks old and growing fast, this photo shows how much in 6 weeks!
Caz x

1 Hubby, 2 kids, 1 Cat, 1 Dog, 2 Chickens (Blue Orpingtons) 6 Fish, 1 Albino Aquatic African Clawed Frog and Queenie The Guide Dog Puppy
If anyone wants to follow Queenie the Guide Dogs for the Blind puppys daily diary on Facebook please go to http://www.facebook.com/groups/233032836753711/
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

What a grown up girl Queenie looks now - she is a stunner so shiney - her little mouth is a bit turned down - have you just told her no more biscuits ? {hug&kiss}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
wendy

Post by wendy »

My goodness...she's like Topsy. She just growed and growed.
Gorgeous.

Mummy Hen
Lively Laner

Post by Mummy Hen »

caz she is beautiful,i can't believe how big she has grown in a few short weeks.how is her training going? well i had my home visit and was told we are suitable . we (hubby) has a couple of small jobs to do in the garden which will be inspected then we are ready to go.unfortunatly their will be no puppies until next march time but we have agreed to be boarders until then for any puppy walkers who have holidays booked. looking forward to hearing more from you annd queenie.x >mmm<
Caz-N-Chooks
Lively Laner

Post by Caz-N-Chooks »

Hey that's brilliant news, well done )t' . shame you have to wait till March but lucky you getting to board some puppies. let me know how it goes and I want to see photos of any pups you get?
Caz x

Mummy Hen
Lively Laner

Post by Mummy Hen »

caz,how is queenie?i don't do fb but would love to hear how you are getting on.also i have puppy news, we have a little black pup duue to arrive begining of march :-D so really excited now.ibet queenie is huge now,i hope her training is going well. )t'
Caz-N-Chooks
Lively Laner

Post by Caz-N-Chooks »

Mummy Hen wrote:caz,how is queenie?i don't do fb but would love to hear how you are getting on.also i have puppy news, we have a little black pup duue to arrive begining of march :-D so really excited now.ibet queenie is huge now,i hope her training is going well. )t'

Oh how exciting, have you got any details on name, litter mates, Mum, Dad etc as I might be able to find you out some more details as a lot of info is on Facebook, The Guide dog community is great on facebook for passing on info.

Queenie is 5 and a half months old now and weighs about 20kg she's doing really well and our supervisor is very pleased with her so far.

This is a link to Queenies photo album the password is Queenie

http://photobucket.com/queeniegdpup

Caz x

madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

She is sooooooooooooooo adorable!!!!!!! {hug}
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Growing well and more beautiful daily.
{hug}

Mummy Hen
Lively Laner

Post by Mummy Hen »

no details yet caz just that she is a black lab x her name is uni.your photos are amazing i love the one of Queenie in her blue guide dog coat.am very excited and nervous now only 3 weeks to wait!