Where do you draw the line?

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Re: Where do you draw the line?

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Still having problem with internet connection }hairout{

Rosie is feeling much better, she is eating, drinking and taking tablets really well so mum is much happier. We had "the talk" and she has agreed this must be the last operation )t'

She has stitches out on Friday so think she will feel even better then )t'
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
manda

Post by manda »

I think you're right to have had the discussion with your Mum as hard as it is...

As for the internet }hairout{ ..hope you're feeling OK hun {hug} {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

I think its a really hard situation for you to be in. we were in a similar situation with mr husbands dad, his dog was old and weeing everywhere and losing weight - she was 16 ish and his dad just couldnt have her put down, he said shes not in pain shes just old. To be honest, i tried my best and suggested 'doing the right thing' a few times but it was just on fallen ears, which to be honest, i think is understandable. In the end she died on christmas day morning peacefully in her sleep and he died christmas day night peacefully in his sleep.

Its hard, and i dont envy your decision, but i would keep the dog as long as i could if shes not in pain and as long as i had the finances (without sounding callous) to fund all the ops xx
photos of allotment & other nice things: http://pinterest.com/girlontheplot/

Follow my blog:
http://girlontheplot.blogspot.co.uk/

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

boosmummy wrote:I think its a really hard situation for you to be in. we were in a similar situation with mr husbands dad, his dog was old and weeing everywhere and losing weight - she was 16 ish and his dad just couldnt have her put down, he said shes not in pain shes just old. To be honest, i tried my best and suggested 'doing the right thing' a few times but it was just on fallen ears, which to be honest, i think is understandable. In the end she died on christmas day morning peacefully in her sleep and he died christmas day night peacefully in his sleep.

{hug} {hug} {hug}
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

That is good news Lizzie on both points. I really hope with the change of diet and pills this situation wont return. {hug}
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Thanks Gwenoakes..hopefully this food will do the trick...6 months is a very short time to have had 2 kidney stones operations :?

Stitches are out and Rosie looks really well )t'
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
fishpond
Legendary Laner

Post by fishpond »

Good news. )t'
No problem can withstand the power of continuous thought.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Glad to hear things are going well for you all Lizzie {hug} {hug} It's tough isn't it hey {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.