We have said goodbye to Megan

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
albertajune
Legendary Laner

We have said goodbye to Megan

Post by albertajune »

She took a turn for the worse yesterday afternoon. No walks and very lethargic. She didn't want to get up from her bed this morning and we could see that she was very down.
We took her to the vet who said that her temperature was much higher. Could be from infection or from the cancer. When having her temp taken she actually snapped at the vet, which is so unlike our gentle old lady. This resulted in her having to be muzzled which she fought against. The vet said that she was obviously feeling unwell.
We could have taken her back to the vet for the next 3 mornings for an antibiotic jab but if that didn't work, then PTS the only option. We didn't feel that we could put her through the trauma of having to go through being terrified each day and maybe having trouble even getting her into the vet. I pray that we did the right thing for her by letting her go now. The lady vet who was lovely, said that they are amazed that she went on for 10mths after being diagnosed and said that although she couldn't advise, would have done the same for her pets.
Well it is done now and we thank whoever sent her to us for having such a great girl for the time that we did.
God Bless Megan, you was loved so much. A lot of tears at the moment but I do know that the memories of having her will take over.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Re: We have said goodbye to Megan

Post by jannie »

Awww so sorry to read this June. {hug} {hug} {hug} It's never easy to say goodbye to a much loved pet but you did the right thing for Megan. {hug}
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oh bless you June.
You knew it was time to say goodbye, when she was in too much pain. Many haven't that courage. She was one very lucky little lady and I know how you both loved her so much. In the short time you were together.
She is in peace now without any pain.
{hug} {hug} {hug} {hug} {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
manda

Post by manda »

Oh June....I didn't even know Megan (well not in person) but I felt like I got a little insight into that lovely old girl through you ...
Sounds to me like you did exactly what was needed for her....I'm sorry she had to go but she was so lucky she got to be with you for the last months of her life...

{hug} {hug&kiss} {hug}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Sending you big hugs. I would have done the same as you. In june when we had to have the cat put to sleep he was sat upright purring and to look at him he looked fine but inside he was suffering.

Now I can look back at the memories of my cat and dog (he was put to sleep 6 weeks later) and the tears still come but not as often {hug}
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
Sara

Post by Sara »

Oh June, so so sorry to hear this, You made the right decision at the right time and im sure that Megan knew that everything you did for her was for the best , Thinking of you {hug} {hug}
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww June I too have kept up with this, you absolutely did make the right decision for her, bless you and sending you lots of {hug}
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

So sorry June but all along you have done the right thing for your lovely girl, and you and Mr June have been brave and selfless to the end {hug}

I have been sharing Megans story with my hubby and he sends his condolences to you both.
He also said it your litte lady has had an enriched and happy last few months thanks to you.
He also remarked and i totallly agree, that it takes special people who are kind and caring enough to take an elderly dog on knowing that they may not have them very long {hug}

Godbless lovely Megan and Love and Healing thoughts to you in your heartbreak {hug}Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

My heart truly goes out to you both. I too think you did the right thing without a doubt, better a day too soon than a day too late. May Megan RIP and have fun playing with all the other animals at Rainbow Bridge. {hug} {hug} {hug} {hug} {hug}
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

So sorry to read about Megan June. {cry} having the courage to know when to say goodbye is so difficult but its the last act of kindness you could do for your beloved girl.
I'm sure she's left you with many happy memories, she was blessed to have found such a loving home {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Dear June, bless you, for being so brave in making the decision, Megan was so lucky to have had this wonderful time with you. Thinking of you on this very sad day for you. {hug} {hug} {hug}
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I can only echo what has already been said.
My heart goes out to you {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

So sorry June {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Hi June, another one here who can only simply echo what has already been said.

A huge hug to you hun {hug} Megan was a special girl and you are a special person - {hug&kiss}

RIP Megan xxx
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh June, so very sorry {cry}

Play peacefully up there darling lovely Megan.

I'll light my candle for her tonight.

Sending you lots of love and big {hug} {hug} {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.