Barefoot horses?

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

What am I missing? Link wont work even if I cut and paste.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Same here re the link.
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

I can't get the link to work anymore either - very odd. It's just saying that shires will be extinct within the next 10 years
Small steps lead to big changes
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

As promised, here are a couple of pics of me and Kizzy out riding today!

kizzy head on

kizzy stand
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

She's a beaut morph )t' is the other one a long long way away, or is that kizzy is so HUGE, I think i know the answer to that one )c(
Is she on loan or a puchase?
My old neddy was like riding a fence panel, he was very narrow, I shan't say what i'm thinking right now :shock: :shock:
Cheers
mel x
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

She is a lovely girl!
I don't mind riding big horses but just don't want to 'do' them as I'm fed up moving a box about. Rosie was supposed to be my Barbie pony for my old age but hopefull now she has stopped at 8. Luckily JD is already 12 so stopped growing.
Photobucket

Richard, have fiddled on photobucket so don't know what will happen!
Honest Richard, thought I had made them smaller and cropped but it didn't seem to happen!
All's well.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

There is a gremlin with them. It may adjust on it's own. It has done so before.

Nuisance, but not to worry. Leave it there.

Nice pictures everyone.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

Lovely horses Misty!!!

Yes mel, she gives my hips gip on a long ride - hence just bought a yoga CD, as I've given up classes since I bought her - obviously have to think of ways to save money now I've splashed out!!!

She's 16.2hh, but doesn't feel that tall really - only when I'm trying to put her bridle on, and then yes, I need a box to stand on. I used to ride an 18.2hh shire, and I needed a box to put his saddle on as I'm only 5'2", but I can manage ok with Kiz.

She's a lovely girl, and I love grooming her - I'm obessed with brushing her tail!!!
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Lovely horse Misty 8) she looks like my sisters old Arab, I am always sold by Thouroughbreds, anything scatty & narrow.

Morph practice practice & practice again doing the splits )c( good lord she is wide :shock:

I really miss it but i was finding it hard out at work for 11 hours then trying fit a horse into it all too :cry:
Cross country was my thing, never brilliant at it, but i loved it, maybe i am an adrenalin junky :?
I'm only 5'2 also, so i looked very lost on my 16.2. I only ever fell off him once, he was as safe as safe can be, even for an ex race horse.
Wear your gas mask brushing round there morph, why do they always do that :?
Cheers
mel x
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

Bit of an update - the farrier came out to trim Kizzy's feet at the weekend - £15 as usual. However, some owners of barefoot horses insist on this "barefoot trim". He says it's absolutely no different, he just faffs a bit more, and has a look at their gait whilst walking - then charges £35.....he said if they're obsessed with it, then let them pay. He tells them there's no difference in the trim, so I suppose it's their choice.

Also, when I first had her, she hated her feet touching (gave the farrier a nice bruise) :oops:
However, the other day, she let me pick up her front feet and clean them for the first time - how great is that!!!!!!! I was knackered though as she doesn't help at all, and it's like holding dinner plates!!!

Let's hope she's in the same nice mood tonight when the dentist comes......
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

She sounds a love Morph, big love at that.
Now there's a job with an income, being a farrier, driving round livery yards all day long chatting to horsey peeps, then being given stacks of cash for a manicrue......bring it on.
Dentist you can keep that as a job, most horses are fed garlic :shock:
Cheers
mel x