Benny's leg - again!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
LisaB

Re: Benny's leg - again!

Post by LisaB »

Aww I hope Benny's feeling better soon {hug}

As for the nurse, I'd complain, no need for her attitude at all. How rude {warn}
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Hi Hun - you didn't say how heavy Benny is but I've looked at the ideal breed weight range and he should be between 25kg and 34kg (adult weight).

Hope this helps.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks everyone, I do appreciate you taking the time to post {hug}

Bluebell, thank you as always. The thing with our Benny is he's not a pure Lab (not that it matters one bit to us), so I don't think we can compare him to breed charts really. He's 36kg.

Put him next to a Lab and he's much taller in the leg and has stockier muscles.

Think he has some collie in there (little white hairs on his chin and a flash on his chest), perhaps also some rottie and staffy too (the stockyness).

I can feel his ribs easily and I think he has a waist.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
wendy

Post by wendy »

)ot: slightly. Took Josie to the vet today for her night time leaking.
She was weighed at the same time and clocked in at 25.25kg.
The ideal weight for a female GSD is between 25 - 33kg. So she is perfect.....But of course I knew that. She is perfect in every way. {hug}
She is 9 and a 1/2 now with a little arthritis, so her weight is crucial to keeping her fit and well.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Bev, you've made mesmile - my Jasper has white hairs on his chin and a white flash down his chest, he is about 10 inches high from toe to back and he would love to think he is related to a collie. He has had the F word used at work to describe him - f - a - t. I took exception to this (and I work at a vets) as he is a muscle bound little thing - cross between a jrt and a patterdale, a dacshund and Arnold Schwarzenegger!! {hug}

Seriously, it is just a rough example of weight anyway. I guess the thing is that in later years if he becomes rather portly it will put a lot of pressure on joints, but its difficult when you need to feed a dog and they are not allowed exercise.

If you need help finding hydrotherapy pools or anything let me know.

xx
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks Bluebell and everyone {hug}

I've been looking into it all more (been laid up with the lurgy).

Looking at him over the top, he's got a waist and I can feel his ribs.

I've worked out calories that he needs whilst he's not so active and going to make a little reduction on the amount of food he gets.

On the leg front, he's not limped at all today )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

Hope he recovers soon Bev - rest is the most difficult thing to manage in an otherwise healthy dog but he will love the hydrotherapy.
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Brilliant hubbie, 2 great teenagers, Sasha the elderly dog and Fin, the evil but loveable cat! 3 chickens; Dottie, Gaia, and Buttercup
Night night Rhoda xx
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

So sorry about Benny,hope he gets better soon,he doesn't look at all overweight to me,if he was,his head would be fatter too,his isn't.I wish my 3 looked as good as he does!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks everyone, as always :-D

Very pleased to report that Benny's been doing really good since I've been routinely giving him the Loxicom and we have been gradually increasing the length of his walks, all with no problems too.

I weighed him yesterday and he's lost 700g.

We'll see our vet again at the end of January, but it's looking like he'll not need the arthroscopy.
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Just noticed that my picture on the first post has disappeared?

Here's our Benny on Christmas morning, patiently waiting whilst his Daddy opens his present
Bev x

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

He looks just lovely, what a smashing dog and I am pleased to hear he is doing well, long may it continue.

Just love the 'pants' of your husband, very fetching. )t'
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks Gwen :-D

Hehehe yes I got those for Hubbly for Christmas, washed them all nice for him first though :-D

Thank you for your wishes about Benny too, paws crossed and everything he's doing good >fi< and we're gradually increasing the length of his walks.
Bev x

mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Glad Benny is doing ok, he looks a super dog, love the bandana. don`t dogs just love Chrimble pressies, our old dog loved his.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Ah yeah MrsBoods. He's such a good boy, sitting patiently waiting {hug}

I'll have to try and get a picture of him with his Antler - it looks like a smoking pipe and the way he holds it is ever so funny {rofwl}
Bev x

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Great to hear he's on the mend Bev {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen