elderly dog problem

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: elderly dog problem

Post by mrs boodles »

LL, sending you big hugs {hug} {hug} {hug} , its such a hard decision we have to make where pets are concerned. Alovely photo of her, all her pain and distress gone now. take care LL.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I am so sorry that she has gone and so sorry for the grief that you are feeling. A few of us have been in your situation in the last year, so can still feel the rawness that you are feeling.
Helping them on their way is the last act of love that we can do for them as hard as it is. You will have had some wonderful years together and wonderful memories. She looked such a lovely, happy girl, thanks to you.
All I can do is send a huge hug and let you know that my thoughts are with you. {hug} {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

I'm so sorry LL, it is terrible having to make such a hard decision, but you made it with love {hug} {hug}
Julie x
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Sending {hug}
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Lancashire Lass I am sorry you have said goodbye to your very special dog she had a lovely smiley face . There aren't any words really are there ? {hug}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

I'm so sorry LL, I only just saw this thread. I can't imagine how difficult that was for you but from reading your first post I am sure you made the right decision. We also have an old dog, she will be 14 in June and we worry all the time about what her quality of life is. We try to go by the adage that as long as a dog wants to eat and is keen to go for a walk, even if it's only a very short one, then they have a good enough quality of life to not worry too much {hug} {hug} {hug}
Lyn
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

So sorry you had to say goodbye to your lovely girl. She will always be in your heart. Its 8 months since I lost my old girl, and I still look at the dog treats in the shop {hug} {hug} {hug}
LYN
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

LL I am so sorry to hear about Pepper {cry} , I hope she leaves behind some memories of all the special times you shared together. Will be thinking of you {hug} {hug} RIP pretty girl.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Thank you all for your kind words {hug} I still have a little weep and feel sad at times but now and again I smile when I remember some of the daft things Pepper used to do especially when she was younger and so full of mischief and energy. It's been difficult adjusting to a new routine too especially in a morning - it's hard to believe that up until she went lame not 3 weeks ago we were still going out for an early morning walk, having a natter with other regular early dog walkers at the park, and she was fit and well for her age with no suggestion that it would end so quickly.
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Sending you a big {hug} All those years together you must have some very fond memories.

I have a very old westie who is 17 1/2 years and know I have to cherish every day we have him xx
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

So sorry to read your thread LL, and what a beautiful picture of Pepper. The decision is one we all dread, and it hurts so very much to have to make it. Our dogs are the most amazing, loving companions, and so much part of us.

Thinking of you {hug} {hug}
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

It's heartbreaking, isn't it? Every morning I step over Titch, our tiny Yorkie. She was pts 2 years ago and we now live in a different house, but she laid right outside the bathroom door every morning whilst I was having my shower.

For the first few weeks this made me cry every day; now I remember it and smile. You sound as though you had a real character in Pepper and eventually you'll be smiling when you think of her.

think the high wind must be blowing through the house; my eyes are watering!
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.