Cruel Nature

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
paddy graham
Legendary Laner

Cruel Nature

Post by paddy graham »

Out walking this morning and I went past a Rookery in one of the local parks and noticed a newly hatched chick on the ground.As I walked on another hit the ground just in front of me.I found a spot where it was easy to look up and one of the adult Rooks was just tossing the chicks from two nests out for some reason.Some of you may not like these birds but the chicks deserve a chance.
When Irish eyes are smiling,they are usually up to mischief.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Cruel Nature

Post by albertajune »

Yes, Nature can be cruel. I don't dislike any wild creature and would have found it quite upsetting to see those baby chicks being tossed down. I wonder why it was happening?
Strange behaviour!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Yes to us not pleasant behaviour and hard to fathom but as you say its the natural world. Maybe this rook was a male and getting rid of its rivals offspring, who knows ? I do think in nature there is normally a reason for what we see as acts of cruelty, food, weaklings etc but the cruelest of all is Man who has the ability to make decisions not to pick on the weakest but still in some cases still does.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I think that would have upset me too.

I so agree with you, Annie. Nature can be cruel, but humans are intentionally cruel.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Yes very cruel sometimes isn't nature {cry}

We had a little chick in our garden the other week that had passed away.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Annie wrote:Yes to us not pleasant behaviour and hard to fathom but as you say its the natural world. Maybe this rook was a male and getting rid of its rivals offspring, who knows ? I do think in nature there is normally a reason for what we see as acts of cruelty, food, weaklings etc but the cruelest of all is Man who has the ability to make decisions not to pick on the weakest but still in some cases still does.

How true Annie. I think that man is the master of pre-meditated cruelty. Usually for the sake of money or for the people with money. The latest being, breeding lions in S Africa, for the intent reason of letting people shoot them. So callead hunters. }hairout{
I am now a widow and live with my memories.