Mimi's over Rainbow Bridge.

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
bobsbabes
Lively Laner

Re: Mimi's over Rainbow Bridge.

Post by bobsbabes »

So sorry huge hugs xxx
Treating Titchy the globe trotting chook to a trip to Disney :)
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

{hug} {hug} it's sad losing a pet especially one you've had a long time.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi

Thanks so much everyone, Pets they are such a thing aren't they.

I did feel judge and jury, when I was holding her on Tuesday night I was really hoping she may pass away then but it didn't happen.

It's my guess she had kidney failure, she's been drinking so much over the last two weeks, her hair as well, kind of adds up but don't really know. Her back legs kept going, she'd recover, then it would happen again plus she had a twitch in time with her breathing. But she had heart failure so it must have taken it's toll poor thing.

Ginger has been wandering around the garden all afternoon, sure he knows, they slept on the Sofa together every night, so he'll miss her later even more.

Big Ron is more independant and although he's been looking around, he's more himself.

Oh well, so we go on.

Many thanks again, I'm sure you'll understand I can't find it within myself to post anywhere else today.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

So sorry to read about Mimi Richard {cry} you were there for her when it counted and you made sure she didn't suffer, that's all any of us can hope for {hug}
Will be thinking of you {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Sorry to hear your sad news, Richard, but you are a true animal lover to ease her pain by knowing when to let her go. RIP Mimi and have fun at Rainbow Bridge.

Know exactly what you mean by feeling like an executioner. {hug} {hug}

Jack our Shire had to come back home the other day and he went straight to Daisy's stable, whinnied and sniffed then walked away. The day he left here, Daisy was pts and unfortunately he didnt get to see her after the deed, but he still knew.
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

{hug}
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
manda

Post by manda »

So sorry to hear about Mimi Richard...you made a decision which was about Mimi not you which is always the hardest thing to do...take care of yourself {hug} {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I'm so so sorry Richard {cry} {hug} {hug} {hug}
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

So sorry {hug}
LYN
Oheckitseck

Post by Oheckitseck »

Hi Richard
Sorry to hear the sad news about Mimi, you really are getting put through the mill just now and my heart goes out to you. I know you are the same as me and just how important your pets are to you. So when one of them leave us it leaves such a huge hole both in our life and our hearts. Hopefully things will soon start to improve but take care and all I can say is that you are in our thoughts.

Alex.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh Richard, so very sorry to hear your sad news {cry}

RIP Mimi {hug}

I'll light my candle for Mimi tonight {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
milli
Longlasting Laner

Post by milli »

It doesn't get any easier having to let them go, but we always do what is best for our beloved pets
sending you {hug}
15 ex batty girls, 2 rescue jack russels and one very naughty Shih Tzu puppy who rules the household!!!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Thanks again everyone.

Eck - I could see that when I was with you, a good man )t'

Lovely to light a candle benny {hug}

Regret a night's sleep doesn't cure all does it, just trying to get to grips with there was nothing anyone can do about anything or anyone getting older.

Ginger's alseep on my bed, he hasn't done that for almost a year I reckon, he's still sitting by the cat flap in the hall though.
I think that's another thing when you have more than one pet. If you have one and they say goodbye it's only you grieving if you like, but to see a pet grieving is so much worse.

Time passes on.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

Sorry to hear about Mimi, Richard. It's always me who has to take animals for the last ride - and it never gets any easier. We all know that you made the decision in Mimi's best interests and I'm sure we'll all remember you (and the other pets) tonight.

Bless.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.