Dogs Trust

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Dogs Trust

Post by Annie »

It has been nearly 17 months since we brought Kiri home, how time flies. About a month after we rehomed her we had a call from the Dogs Trust asking if she had settled in and did we have any concerns at all, of course the answer was apart from her health issues she was a delight to have and was really at home with us.
When we came back in from the garden yesterday, there was a message on the ansaphone from D.T. asking if we could return the call sometime and so I duly did. Once again they were asking if Kiri was still doing ok and asking if we had any worries at all, which we don't have , she really is the sweetest old lady.
I am really impressed with the after care D.T. are providing, it may only be a phone call but the offer of help is there if needed, not sure if this just relates to Glasgow branch but for me they get a )app( .
I did ask after a dog that was still ther from before we took Kiri, its another staffie and I can't understand why she is still looking for a home. I was told she was a special girl and although people enquired after her, they weren't the right families alas, the girl then went on to say we would be considered though if we were interested - really can't have another dog at the moment but I admit to being flattered by the comment. If only {hug&kiss}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Re: Dogs Trust

Post by urbanchicks »

Hi Annie,

I sponsor 3 dogs at Dog's Trust, I get progress letters,a birthday and Christmas card from the dogs,to date nearly all of the dogs I have sponsored weren't suitable for re homing,they let me know if a dog has passed away,and ask if I want to sponsor another one.I think they are a caring organisation unlike the R,S.P.C.A..

Maggie )t'
wendy

Post by wendy »

That is nice to hear. I am a member, and although no dogs from them get a newletter every so often.
Only problem I have heard about the Harefield one, near me. Is that dogs are advertised and held for people on line. I have a friend, who is a brilliant dog owner. But she doesn't have a computer. She has been there about 17 times and all the dogs are unsuitable for her, mainly staffies and she is 71 and wants an older less strong dog,
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

My parent' dog came from the Dog's Trust as well - can't remember which one though, I know they had to travel a long way to get him. They were very impressed with the back up and support they had afterwards. So - thumbs up from here too )t'
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Another )t' for Dogs Trust. I sponsor the 'Oldies' and think DT do a grand job for the dogs :-D
LYN
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

We send a monthly donation to the Dogs Trust, just because. Our last 2 dogs came from Battersea Dogs Home, Megan being the last one in October. We also had a phone call from them, which was very reassuring that they really do care about the animals welfare.
For all of those who devote their time to animal care. )app(
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

By comparison, we have had no follow up from the place we got Comet from - no contact at all, apart from the occasional request for money }hairout{
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Had no dealings with DT, but it is so good to hear that they are still in contact with people that have had a dog from them. 11/10 for them. )app( )t'