Does This Make you Angry??

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

MQ, without the trophy hunters the reserve wouldn't exist. It could just do trophy hunting, much more profitable. These people allow game to breed in very natural surroundings. When you see large parts of the country devoid of wild life you realise without game touristim of what ever sort the whole of Africa could end up like this.

In Botwana the elephant population is way too high so what can you do, what can you afford to do? If the elephants are allowed to continue to breed they will destroy the vegetation and all the wildlife will suffer.

This of course is a world wide problem. Just look at our own country.

I think it's people who need to stop breeding but that's never going to happen.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I think the point made was more that it appeared that you agree with what they're doing because it makes for cheaper holidays and benefits you only in that way ?

I'm sure you didn't mean that though.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

)ot:
Speaking of the animals in their natural environment, did anyone see Big Cat Live??

I still have two to watch as yet, but it's been interesting to say the least.
Small steps lead to big changes
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

A mink was shot on my allotment last week after it had killed 7 chickens and 5 rolling doves.

I don't agree with extremists. Mink were released into the wild by animal activists setting them free from the barbaric cages used before they were killed for fur coats.

If we treated animals with respect in the first place people wouldn't go over the top to protect them but all we have to do is see the way they treat the humble battery chicken to see that it will not end.

Grouse moors wouldn't exist if there was no shooting, cows and sheep would only be in zoos if we did not eat them.

But, to me, killing or maiming an animal just because we can is morally so wrong and if people don't understand that, it can't be explained to them.

This poor bear was possibly the only one of its kind. How can you reason with someone who shoots a creature like that?
Jackie xx
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Well said, Jackie.

Couldn't agree more with what you said. )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
julie2
Legendary Laner

Post by julie2 »

These men who shoot an animal,and pose for a photo, gun in hand, foot on dead animal, big smile on face, think they look mancho, in my opinion they look like complete and utter whimps.
For the life of me i cant understand what sort of thrill they get from it, they should be ashamed of themselfs. I would like to slap that stupid smile off their faces (and im not a violent person.) )ang
chickens rock!!!