poor thing

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
ChooksAway!
Lively Laner

poor thing

Post by ChooksAway! »

Walking the kids home today, I noticed a big broken upstairs window pane in a neighbour's house. First thought was that someone had yacked a stone at it - there's a bunch of teenage children living there, thought maybe one of them had had a bust-up.

Then I saw a dead pheasant lying on the ground below the window. So sad. And I can't imagine what it must have looked like swooping across at the house, at the end of a densely-built cul-de-sac. And the noise - it's bad enough when something like a blackbird does that, the pheasant must have sounded like a bomb going off.

No point to this post really, just a striking image and a great shame.

CA!
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

Gave Freddie two pheasant legs with his tea tonight and he is crunching one up as we speak. They are very silly birds but not nice to go through a window although so many walk into cars.
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

Poor thing.

I walk to work past a car dealer and an opticians and quite a few times I have seen a little bird on the ground which has died crashing into the window.

I think it happens when they can see straight through to the out side, ie another window so they don't realise there is anything inbetween.

I agree a pheasant hitting the window must have made one hell of a crash +cry+
Jackie xx
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

A couple of years ago the car in front of me ran over a pheasant but there were 2 of them and the other one went bananas - running back and forth all over the road. It was a miricle I didn't hit the other one. I found it really upsetting that the survivor was so obviously distressed (it was before my chicken keeping experiences and I had no idea about birds then)
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

How very sad for such a beautiful bird to end it's days.

At least it will have been a quick way to go, hopefully :?
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

(f+ (f+ (f+

)ot: i was stood at a bus stop one day and out of the sky droped a seagull it was dead on the floor,then i looked up and there was about 30odd other seagulls circling around making alot of noise it was very spooky :shock: i didnt know they done that

jo x
mum of 5,nanny to 2,2 cats,1 jack russell,6 chickens and a hubby.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I was driving along the M4 one night in my lorry when a thud hit the top of the windscreen. A pidgeon slid downwards and it's leg caught in the windscreen wiper. I switched them on to try and dislodge it, but it just kept swishing from side to side for a few minutes, obviously stuck. I pulled off and went through Reading and pulled in at a bus stop, don't like stopping on the hard shoulder, most dangerous part of the motorway. I took it off, it had a ring on it so I left it by the bus stop (dead) +cry+ so that someone might contact whoever about a missing racing pidgeon.

Ilona