pet names!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
ged
Lively Laner

pet names!

Post by ged »

:mrgreen:
Hi,was just wondering what names we give to our pets?I have 5 rescue cats,Fijit,a feral cat who is my avatar and is 9.Dot and Dash who are sisters and hate each other,aged 8.Jake and elmo 'the boys'aged 2 and finally Poppy dog(rescued as a pup) aged 6.I dont have names for the chooks,they are simply 'the girls',my mallards are Dickie and Dolores.I have a pet spider called syd!
atb
ged )t'
'Ask not what can your Country do for you,rather,What can you do for your Country'
John F Kennedy
Service before self,
Strength and honour.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Three cats.....

Black Female about 11 (inherited from big House over the road after owners died) = Mimi

Ginger Male about 7, rescued from CPL who took him from an Addicts Home = Ginger (original!!)

Black Male about 7. Leo's Mum didn't want him. Weighs 1stone5lbs
= Big Ron (originally Ronnie, he had a brother called Reggie once apparently)
Last edited by Richard on 01 Oct 2007, 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Tania
Lively Laner

Post by Tania »

(Vambo Marble Eye) Marble, one eye had to be removed because of an infection when he was a stray.

Renfield, named after the character (played by Tom Waits) who eats flies in the Dracula film because that's the first thing he did when we brought him home.

Ambrose, named after one of Derek Tangye's cats from The Minack Chronicles (http://www.minackchroniclestrust.org.uk/)

And the girls - Fred, Billy, Tom and Richard, named after this bunch

See my chickens HERE!!
New pictures, ex-batts added 4/11/07
Jodi
Lively Laner

Post by Jodi »

Kat (cat) stolen from the neighbors 17years ago (starving, dehydrated and had her whiskers burnt off!!)

Mac, tiny little dog (my "heart and soul" 14, got quite a bad heart condition :( )

Missy, little dog, 12 (rescued from a work collegue, quite damaged emotionally from abuse, but 11 years of love have fixed that! NB: The ex owner was one of my "on call" staff, needless to say, I never called her again :wink: )

Bill and Ben (cashmere goats), almost two. Outlived their "usefulness" at one of those mobile baby animal farm thingys - beautiful boys, so full of mischief!

And the girls - Ginger, DG (dark ginger).....how original, you'll never guess what colour they are, Hawk, Lighthawk and TOC (The Other Chook!)

And not forgetting "my girl" - the big black spider I've looked after since her run in with a window cleaner :oops:

(How do I put pics on this?)
Last edited by Jodi on 01 Oct 2007, 10:26, edited 2 times in total.
Emmamoo
Lively Laner

Post by Emmamoo »

My girls are called Wednesday, Nelly and Daisy
My 2 gerbils are called Dave and Brian
All my giant snails are called Gary (from Spongebob)
My kitten is called Ozzy

(f+
****Emma****

...Ever the optimist!
melons
Legendary Laner

pets

Post by melons »

Daisy the kitty, who is rubbish :-D
Peter & Edward the two rescue lab rats, they stink :)
Girls =
Mrs Miggins= huge & dim,
Betty= sings when laying an egg,
Sally= an absolute poppet,
Kenny,= Pinches feathers,
Fanny the wonder hen = equiped with a hilarious sence of humour & she's bald / painted brown :-D
Cheers
mel x
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Pat-the-Cat adopted a friend, who spends too much time in Scotland to keep him. He came to us on St. Patricks day.
Two maran hybrids MaryJane (Jane) and MaryAnn (Goldie), Bonny, Kate, Maggie and WhiteNancy. (Aka J G B K M & W on my egg records)
Our first hens were a White Star and 2 black rocks, Susan and Nancy & Peggy Blackett, from Swallows & Amazons so when our daughter named the white one Nancy she had to be WhiteNancy after a Penine landmark.
We also had a Rosie, who looked like the hen in the picture book Rosie's Walk (lovely story about a hen who strolls through a farm yard, unaware that she is followed by a fox, who meets with vaious misfortunes on the way - treads on a rake, is chased by a hive of bees).
You might conclude that I like childrens books.
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Our brood are as follows:

Tash - dog Bitch - Soppy cross something or other Rspca rescue at 6 weeks

Tyler - Dog male - Hyper lunatic terrier cross Rspca Rescue at 9 weeks

Tigger - Cat female - rescue - presented us with 7 kittens on July 23rd this year. very affectionate and a brilliant mum..

Trixie - Cat female - rescue - only ever heard her squeek not meowed once yet.. lovely sweet nature.

Toffee - Tiggers kitten - Ginger male

Treacle -Tiggers kitten - Tortie female

Tuppence - Tiggers kitten - grey tabby female

What can I say? 3 cute loveable whirlwinds!!

Chickens - Black rock hens - Henrietta, Gertrude and Waltraut.
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
Speckledhen
Lively Laner

Post by Speckledhen »

Treasure - a large tropical fish (very inappropriately named by my daughter as he has killed off his mate)

Buddy - my husband's very dim Jack Russell Terrier rescued by him nearly nine years ago (unwanted by previous owners)

Beth - my beautiful, but mad Springer Spaniel, who is 2 on Friday. Born the day after my Dad died, so when I met her I knew she was the one (we'd looked at several other litters before hers) and I have to say she has been the best form of grief therapy if there is such a thing. Love her to bits.

Buzz & Tess - our ginger cats, brother and sister (bought when we first moved in together just over nine years ago)

Freda, Gladys, Ruby, June, Daisy & Clementine - my hens who arrived here on 15 August. Nearly named one of them Mrs Miggins, but then couldn't think of any other names to "go" with that.

Tania - nice to see another Derek Tangye fan on the forum. So envious of the life that he and Jeannie had.

Michele :-D
In a perfect world every dog would have a home, and every home would have a dog - Anon.
Tania
Lively Laner

Post by Tania »

Feel that I want to spread the word whenever possible Michele, his books have brought me so much pleasure. :-D
See my chickens HERE!!
New pictures, ex-batts added 4/11/07
b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

we have

gemma - blonde cairn terrier, rescued from a breeder before a nasty evil deed was done as she produced 2 still born litters! shes a terrier :shock:

henry - white and ginger rescue cat, previous owners had 40 odd cats in a one bed flat! hes pathetic and poncy! :)

curly - abandonned ginuea pig

ginger - ginuea pig given to a ginuea pig rescue because the daughter got bored of it

fudge - all her siblings, but one, got attacked and killed by the family jack russell while the owners watched! my mum took her home the day she met her and called me to tell me i had a new pet!!

mr snuggles - daughters hamster, he wasnt a rescue but we dont tell him that as we dont want to upset him

and finally my ladies - hetti, winni, nancy, agi!

(and amelia - daughter, if she counts)
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

My little menagerie changes (as in addtions and sad losses) but at present:
Puddah Cat-rescue cat. Saw her wandering around our garden and over time discovered she was homeless. Starved half feral and in a bad was initially a stunner now. Getting more affectionate each day. had her 11/2 yrs. Poss over 5.
Bunsta - a smal lop. Was bought by previous owner with his mrs to breed with. The mrs died v. young with her first babies so interest was lost. He's deaf too bless. Absolutely gorgeous and munchable. about 4yrs old.

The girls, oh dear :oops:
Dilly and Tansy - unwanted when hatched by enthusiaste.
Kali and Tiva - Lavendar pekin bantams. Bought for company for my original (Chucky Egg gone now :( - long story)
Comfrey - bantam buff sussex - the kindest chuck I've ever known and ridiculaously tame. An extra out of a load of trios being sold
Molly - bantam white sussex - rescued by naeighbours (cneglectful owners) and handed onto me :oops:
Strawberry - white hybrid - bought from farm when Mollys friend died for company for Molly (Molly was mad, lovely auntie I had.)
Pixie - barn rescue- Ginger and naughty. Working on her!

Then the ex-batts Penny, Star and Clover (as in lucky) Watched and all the naems fell into place.
Pip is the other exbatt and a one off very intelligent chcuk indeed.
As you can see by the way I've written this, I've no pride at all in my animals.
My other half is a pet too I s'pose!
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

:oops: and how could i FORGET?? :oops:
two newbies Suzi - buff orpie puullet
and her hatchling mate (could leave he - Elly a French nacked neck.
sorry girls
Wx
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

i call the wife by her name
kerry
she calls me tubs(sort for tubby)
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

Dave wrote:i call the wife by her name
kerry
she calls me tubs(sort for tubby)

lol i did wander how long it would be before you answered this topic!! :wink: :mrgreen: )t'