Help I'm fat! Let's start a slimming club

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
teddymouse
Longlasting Laner

Re: Help I'm fat! Let's start a slimming club

Post by teddymouse »

again,thank-you all, finding dtl as helped me in a big way, a very big thank-you to Richard and all the mods,and to all you warm hearted folk on here,
this site has gaven me so much help ,just by being here,to laught and cry with. i try to join in the threads , but since the accident i find it hard to write,i know what words i want to write but cant fix them in my mind,so by the time i write them,the thread as moved on so i delite what i.wrote. {hug} {hug&kiss}
angie
why is it these days that common sense and common decency aren't that common?????
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Wow - you must feel soooo much better Angie! What a dreadful experience you went through, and now to have lost all that weight you deserve lots of gold stars >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS< >STARS<
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Just been looking through some photos, the first one was taken in May this year and the second one in August (2 stone lighter) - quite a difference :shock: Although you can only really see my face in the second one it actually doesn't look like a bloated football {rofwl}
May '09
Aug '09 (my youngest son said I looked about 10 years younger in the second one - bless him)
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

WOW! Kate that is an amazing difference! It just goes to show what you can do by changing what you eat everyday. You are a great ambassador for that.

WELL DONE!!!!! )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c(
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Thanks Helen - I am maintaining at the moment, its harder to lose weight in the winter as I really don't feel like eating salad for lunch, I feel that I need something hot and more filling. The main thing until the Spring is that I don't put it back on )t' I have kept up the not snacking constantly which has always been my biggest problem.....
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I completely empathise with the winter thing Kate - I am struggling too. I had salad tonight but a 4x portion plus chilli plus rice!!!! I was so cold it just had to be done. I then succombed to the gin and the cheese twists..... yike* Bit ashamed of that last bit. :oops:

I think we can only do things in moderation and providing we remember what we should be eating and perhaps allow treats a couple of times a week instead of less, we should be OK!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
curlyp
Learner Laner

Post by curlyp »

Wow! Kate you look absolutey amazing, its really nice to see you have changed so much from the first picture, again just wonderful )t' )c( .

I have been struggling these past two weeks although l haven't gained anything i haven't lost either (my own fault) but you have just encouraged me to keep going, thanks for that Kate.

See less of you next time hopefully.

Totally agree with you Helen, winter time is the worst for dieting even here in Saudi as the weather is turning cold very quickly, we even had a down pour of rain and floods where 77 people were killed two days ago.

Take care and good luck all.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Thank you for your kind words, I do seem to be 'stuck' at this weight but I supppose toasted sandwiches for lunch and sausage and mash for tea then wine in the evening isn't going to help me lose weight :oops: But I am still not eating desserts unless out for a meal, or a second lunch mid afternoon like I was before :shock:

You don't imagine such weather in Saudi - I always think of sunshine there, so sad such a big loss of lives {cry}
Sara

Post by Sara »

PUT THE FLAGS OUT!!!!!! Somehow i have lost 2 kilos!!!!!!! )c( )c( )c(

I havent managed to keep to the diet much, but have been exercising a lot more. I am seriously considering signing up for the cognac half marathon this time next year..... My friend did it this year.... :? Not quite sure im ready for that though.......

Just off to treat myself to a very large glass of red. :-D :-D )pty
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

That's great news Sara!!! Well done )c( )c( )c(

The cognac half marathon? Is that the one where you run 13 miles after several glasses of expensive brandy? )grin2(
Helen xx

Sara

Post by Sara »

That sounds like a very good way of getting round the course!!! )j;
Im running 3 times a week, but cant really spare much other time to train so im not sure whether to go for it. I think i need to loose another 10kilos at least in order to get round without collapsing. :?

Sara XxX
wendy

Post by wendy »

Very Good Sara.
You will lose the 10 kilos by training for the half marathon. Go for it girl.
Things are all under control here, can't believe we are maintaning. But Christmas is coming, so I know it is going to go on again..... Oh well such is life !
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Sara

Post by Sara »

Im not going to decide anything until after christmas. We eat so much, that those 2 kilos will be back on by January. :?

Sara XxX
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Well done Sara - that's nearly 1/2 stone in English )c(

>gl< with your running, the marathon is a great incentive to keep you going )t'
curlyp
Learner Laner

Post by curlyp »

At last another 2lb loss, l know l can't get out and about due to the weather which has caused flooding on our compound as well as everywhere else here, so l used my treadmill for an hour a day but just couldn't shift any weight, then today jumped on scales and hey presto )c(

Hope you are all doing ok.