Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by Freeranger »

So, everyone, how's it all going? You've all gone very quiet.

I've been losing 4lbs ever other week. Unfortunately, the same 4lbs I keep putting back on in between!

Must do better. I know I can, I'm sure I can......
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I have just lost the plot at the moment! Healthy eating is nowhere in sight, I am not in the best of health and having blood tests and appointments galore at the docs to find out what is wrong and I just feel rubbish so am not even thinking about being good which is silly really! Unfortunately, feeling as pants as I do, hubby is doing most of the dog walking so I am not even getting that bit of exercise which is not helping! i'll get back into the swing eventually >fi<

Freeranger, sometimes our body just needs a break, I'm sure you'lll be back into it in no time - losing 4lb every other week is incredible! Hope everyone else is getting on better than me! {hug} {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

I'm half stone lighter as of this weekend as well as these then (8 weeks ago) and now measurements:

Boobs: 42. 41
Under boobs 38. 35
Waist. 37. 33.5
Belly 44* 39.5
Hips. 44. 43
Thighs 26.5. 22.5
Arms. 12.5. 11

*an approximate I only started measuring belly 4 weeks ago, but my pants wouldn't fit me before!

I've not really realy dieted in any way, I've watched I don't eat to much rubbish and my portion sizes, but I've been going to the gym 3 times a week.
photos of allotment & other nice things: http://pinterest.com/girlontheplot/

Follow my blog:
http://girlontheplot.blogspot.co.uk/

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Great stuff Boosmummy )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
manda

Post by manda »

Well Done Freeranger

Excellent Boosmummy

Jem don't beat yourself up ...just a thought do you think there is anything you're eating that could make you feel like that? I only ask because last week (see below) we had a BBQ and I just ate what I felt like ..the next day I felt awful ..actually toxic. I know for me bread isn't a great thing and it's becoming more apparent - I suppose I notice it more because I haven't had anything except fruits and veg for a while now.
All you can do is take care of you and don't beat yourself up.

I forgot to post last week...I had been eating because it was both hubby and youngest birthday...juiced for the week and then partied over the weekend...and lost 100g.

This last week I've focused more and juiced lots but I've also made soup and blitzed it so I feel like I'm eating (although it's still like a smoothie texture)..we had a cold snap the other day and I wanted something hot ..juice just wasn't doing it. The other thing I do miss is chewing {rofwl} but I've found that if I eat a small amount of protein I'm still losing weight so if I stick with the juices I'm good but if I get the need to chew I have a bit of meat and I'm all good again.

This week I've lost 2.2kgs (4.85lbs). Have to say though I like the juices and I don't think I've felt so healthy in a long time.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

It sounds very win-win with you Manda as not only do to enjoy the juices, but also you are losing weight and feeling great, which in turn must inspire you to continue juicing! )c(

Freeranger, it sounds as if you are doing really well - do you know why you every other week is not so productive?

Boos - great idea to measure! Nice to see the results on paper as well as on the scales. :-D

Jem, sorry you are poorly, it makes it difficult to concentrate on other things sometimes. I am sure you will do this, when the time is right for you. {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

What a nice lady you are, Helen! That's a lovely way to put it. I think it's down to habits and rituals very tied into 'what we always do' at the weekend, ergo it's not only my own behaviour I need to change. Also stress and social eating. Normal life, really, but if I'd lost 4lbs every week instead of putting them back on again, I'd have nearly disappeared by now!
Boo'sM - those reductions are very impressive - you must be dead chuffed. Has the weight loss been just as a result of the gym or have you changed eating habits too?
Manda - an example of being 'in the zone'! Very impressive willpower. Remind me to stand to one side when you decide to take over the world!
Jem - just concentrate on getting better. You and me can encourage each other on when you're well again. There's usually someone here trying to get on top of it all, and I suspect you'll never be the only one not doing as well as they'd like.
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

Freeranger wrote:What a nice lady you are, Helen! That's a lovely way to put it. I think it's down to habits and rituals very tied into 'what we always do' at the weekend, ergo it's not only my own behaviour I need to change. Also stress and social eating. Normal life, really, but if I'd lost 4lbs every week instead of putting them back on again, I'd have nearly disappeared by now!
Boo'sM - those reductions are very impressive - you must be dead chuffed. Has the weight loss been just as a result of the gym or have you changed eating habits too?
Manda - an example of being 'in the zone'! Very impressive willpower. Remind me to stand to one side when you decide to take over the world!
Jem - just concentrate on getting better. You and me can encourage each other on when you're well again. There's usually someone here trying to get on top of it all, and I suspect you'll never be the only one not doing as well as they'd like.

I think mainly the gym, I've tried to eat more regularly so then not gorging on food when I'm starving, and I've cut down on mince pies! Xx

Follow my blog:

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
manda

Post by manda »

Scales today showed half a kilo lost so just over a 1lb...I'm happy with this as I've had an eating week :-D

Hope everyone has a successful week {hug}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Well done again, Manda )t'
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

)app(
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

Well done manda. I have undoubtedly potty on this week as I've not been to the gym and have eaten rubbish all because I have yet another ear infection and swollen tonsils. More antibiotics more sleep than usual and I decided it was best interest to not go to the gym {cry} xx

Follow my blog:

mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Hope you feel better soon Boosmummy, take care {hug}
manda

Post by manda »

You've got to take care of yourself Boosmum...if your body is telling you to rest then that's what you have to do....hope you're feeling better soon {hug}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Take care Boosmummy {hug}