Cows udder lotion

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Willow
Legendary Laner

Cows udder lotion

Post by Willow »

A very wise elderly aunt of mine living in Germany, gave me large tube of lotion. Its used to sooth dry sore / cracked teats and udders on cows..
Now I dont know if its available over here, but it is unbeatable for dry skin on elbows, heels, knees etc... It softens and soothes better than any other product I've tried..
I had spent most of the summer in bare feet / sandals and had very dry cracked heels.. this stuff sorted them out within days..
If anyone knows a dairy farmer, could you ask him/her what they use and see if you can have a look please? .. because I'd like to be able to source it over here.
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Cows udder lotion

Post by AnnaB »

Willow

Type it into a search engine - I've just done this and got loads of hits.
melons
Legendary Laner

udder cream

Post by melons »

If you find where to get some, can you let us know, as my OH has split heels all the time, I'll shove some on my face too, I'll look forever youthful LOL yeah right.
Cheers
mel x
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

http://www.notjustforcows.co.uk/

This sounds like the british equivalent to the stuff I have... If it is, its worth trying!!
I wont be buying it yet as I still have a tube, but if anyone does get some, please let us know how good it is :-D )t'

I've just noticed you can ask for a free sample!!! )t'
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
melons
Legendary Laner

udderly stuff

Post by melons »

Well done & thanks very much, we'll try & order some through work, as we use lots of creams here, & hey we are a vet department after all :-D
Cheers
mel x
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Tina,
Got my udderley stuff today
it's l o v e l y :)
Slap it on all over, I'll lard Darran up too when he gets home from his dads later in the week, he has the worst skin on earth for being dry, not na more (f+
Cheers for the tippy.
Cheers
mel x
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Great Mel.. let me kn ow how it worked on your hubbies size twelves and I'll know if its the 'same stuff'... )t'

Albert Einstein
essentialequine
Lively Laner

Post by essentialequine »

that looks like great stuff,I have just applied to become a stockist of the hand cream in my shop will let you all know when I get it.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Funny enough I saw some 2 weeks ago when buying chicken food. In our horse shop
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

I used to get mine from the Central wool growers shop in melton mowbray, came in a tub with a moo cow picture on it. Farm merchants seem to stock this sort of thing. There used to be a product called Dog oil, used on cows and sheep. I dont think there were any dogs in it though :shock: It's all good stuff especially for the winter chapped hands etc. (f+
Looove chucks!
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Now I dont feel so silly for putting Grace's nappy rash cream on my dry skin lol
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
essentialequine
Lively Laner

Post by essentialequine »

seahorse wrote:I used to get mine from the Central wool growers shop in melton mowbray, came in a tub with a moo cow picture on it. Farm merchants seem to stock this sort of thing. There used to be a product called Dog oil, used on cows and sheep. I dont think there were any dogs in it though :shock: It's all good stuff especially for the winter chapped hands etc. (f+

are you sure you dont mean PIG Oil? never ever heard of dog oil
Nellie
Lively Laner

Post by Nellie »

Hmmm ... must admit I was surprised to see it contains "10% urea". Best not ask where they get that from!

Think I'll stick to Son of John Baby lotion.
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

Do you think it might work on my very sore, dry hands? They sell it in the agricultural suppliers where I get the hen stuff.
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

It certainly will help chapped hands! No perfume, just simple ingredients! (f+
Looove chucks!