Verruccas - does anything get rid of them?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
mrs butzi
Lively Laner

Re: Verruccas - does anything get rid of them?

Post by mrs butzi »

My Gran wished mine away !!! I'd loan her out to you but she's 92 now and not travelling very well )j;

GP freezing normally works a treat but you may need to go back for several applicationsin order to get to the root of the verrucca. GP hubby says the duct tape does work but takes some time ( 6 nights of tape then 6 nights no tape. Soak in the bath and file down ( eww ), leave to dry overnight and then re-apply tape in morning ) . Amputation seems preferable..... darn sight quicker !!
Chocolate, Vanilla, Gloria, Dottie and Snowball. - gone but not forgotten .
wendy

Post by wendy »

I had these some time back. But they left me with such hard skin on my heel it wasn't true. That I have battled for years with.
Anyway I bought some calendular cream from a homoeopothist [s] which he made up himself. I got it for Josie's tail which she chews when I go away, neurotic nellie !
I was speaking to my acupuncturist and she said the cream was good for verruccas and warts. Tuesday night before bed, I decided to put some cream on my heel. The hard skin has virtually gone. I did it again last night and will do so for a few more days. I wonder if it works on wrinkles LOL
If anyone wants the name of the guy PM me.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

I'm still battling with mine. The oldest one I think is really really deep into the foot because it's not sticking out now (I keep hacking with the scalpel, sandpapering and putting stuff on) but is really painful if I press it.

We've got lots of marigolds at the moment - doesn't calendula come from them? Maybe I'll have a look to see if I can make something up.

Mrs B - maybe granny could send a psychic wish for mine to go? ))sun
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
wendy

Post by wendy »

Marigold....that rings a bell. Look it up on t'net. Let me know how you do it. I may save money.
Put it on my hands earlier and they are so soft now LOL. I will be batheing in it soon. Totally converted.
Wendy

Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

Calendula is the pot marigold-the big daisy-like ones. calendula is it's botanical name. The others, like French marigolds are Tagetes(botanical name). Don't know what healing properties they have, though. I used calendula healing cream on my daughter when she was less than a month old, when she got an awful rash on her face. The health visitor thought she may have excma(sp), but it cleared up pretty quickly. As for verrucas-my stepson has a good few on one foot,not helped by wearing the same socks 24/7! We got some seal and heal stuff, so they don't spread, some freeze stuff, which worked on my daughter's verruca. He had them frozen a little while ago at the GP's when he was still with his mum. He also had atheletes foot, and a fungal nail infection! We make him use the atheletes foot powder and seal and heal daily, and he now changes his socks twice a day. If he wants to wear socks in bed(we tell him not to), he has yet another pair. I also bought him a file to remove the dead skin, but he got impatient and bit the verruca off his sole yike*
I thought it was about time I had a signature, so this is it til I think of something else!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well I suppose that is another way.
But somehow at 65 I don't think I am going to get the heel of my foot to my mouth. I nearly can but not a pretty sight yike*
Wendy

p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Can you get verrucas in your mouth? yike*
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
livvylang
Lively Laner

Post by livvylang »

Hello Sunny b
This may or may not help.I had a Verruca on the ball of my foot for many many years..It was unsightly and painful.I hated going bare foot anywear incase I stood nsomething as it really was excrutiating at times. I tried the usual treatments..gels freezing etc and nothing worked. We're talking at least 7 years living with this things and doing through phases of hacking, gelling filing etc espec if going away to make it at least less obvious. In the end after moving to Devon a friend I had made recommended her foot quck saying that one she had was def getting smaller through using tea tree and sleek?? tape..keeping it wet apparantly is the right things to do but covered
So I went along. I had a long chat with the chiropodist asking why and what it was..she assured me it was a verruca and to my amazement said that her feeling on them was that they remain with you for as long as you give them attention. She thought that it was an outward sign of something internal. She cleaned it up a bit, put a bit of this tape and tea tree on and asked me to try ignoring it..accepting it as part of me...
I kid you not 3 weeks it was gone. I'm still stunned by this..It had given me years of grief..but I had given it years of attention.. Now we will never really know..but I tell you this..my friend who continued to treat hers decided to give up treating it...after I told her what I'd done..and hers has now gone..albeit took longer. This chiropodist was actually a fairly spiritual person and believed that a lot of ailments we have are symptomatic of issues in our lives...I have to agree with this.
I do know how painful they can get and I guess it would be easier to ignore if that were not the case..I'm just offering something alternative..If after all these years its still with you..then maybe its time to learn to love it..lol..it might just then leave you... good luck with it (f+
you know who I mean..the crazy lady next door..laughs to herself and keeps chickens!!
wendy

Post by wendy »

When my son was about 9. He had about 15 on one foot. There was an appointment made the next day at the hospital and so I popped him in the bath. He started shouting and when I went in there. They had all fallen out !!
Still went to the hospital and the Dr said it was a viral infection and eventually, with the amount Paul had his body had become immune !
Wendy

livvylang
Lively Laner

Post by livvylang »

Ive heard this said before about the whole virul thing and getting immune..I suppose for some poeple it takes a long time for that process to happen.I remember as a kid having one "dug" out after having this yuk gray stuff put on it for a week and it being covered in a badage.. I guess there are lots of ways we can deal with them..touch wood Im free from them..and thankfully no hard skin where they were..I hope maybe you find a solution from this site that works for you!!
you know who I mean..the crazy lady next door..laughs to herself and keeps chickens!!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

wendy wrote:When my son was about 9. He had about 15 on one foot. There was an appointment made the next day at the hospital and so I popped him in the bath. He started shouting and when I went in there. They had all fallen out !!
Wendy

Eeeew! sile}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Ignoring it will be a big challenge, livvylang, as you know from your own experience it only takes on "hit" on it, treading on a stone or something to have me hopping about wanting to curse!
I will have to get more Tea tree, I had some years ago but didn't replace it when it ran out. But I remember reading Tea tree is antiviral, antifungal and antibiotic, so should be a good bet.
I have done a bit of research on verruccas over the past few years, the virus that causes them is the human papilloma virus, the same one they are now injecting against to stop girls getting cancer. Nasty.
Maybe I'll try to start ignoring it when it recovers from my latest scalpel frenzy, which left it bleeding and sore, but still there!! yike*
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker