Am I addicted?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Am I addicted?

Post by Meanqueen »

I only have one mug of coffee a day, $cf$ and that's first thing in the morning with my bran flakes, but this morning I had a mug of hot water instead, because I had a dodgy tum {cry} during the night.

I was in town and it got to lunch time and I felt terrible, a fuzzy headache and dead tired. Had to cut my visit short because my brain stopped working, I couldn't concentrate, {warn} and went home for a sandwich and a mug of coffee. )cof( Surely missing just one mug of coffee wouldn't do that, would it? :? OMG if I am addicted I'm going to have to try and get myself unhooked. But I only have one a day. :shock:

Ilona
misty
Legendary Laner

Re: Am I addicted?

Post by misty »

But it's the first thing in your blood stream. I worry about my Daughter who lives on black coffee. I suppose you could experiment on mornings you are not doing anything too taxing and have tea one morning and see how you feel. let us know if you do it.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Yes I will try that, maybe when I am pottering around here with nothing too taxing to think about. Not tomorrow though, got to be as bright as a button for the radio.

Ilona
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

Tea has some caffine in it, but not as much as coffee.

I dont function before at least 3 strong cups of tea in the morning. Even the kids at work know how to make it for me, I`m that bad first thing.

There has been lots of research done around the amount of coffee people drink in the mornings and the effect it has on them. It has been proven that if you drink strong coffee in the week, then have a lie in and no coffee at the weekends you can get withdrawl symptoms similar to those you have had. It can cause you to suffer a headache, shakes etc.
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
wendy

Post by wendy »

I only drink caffine free tea and coffee. So you can slowly wean yourself off of that particular drug if you want.
I have given it up for medical reasons, before you all think I was a coffee junkie :-D
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
carolc
Lively Laner

Post by carolc »

I don't think there's any reason to stop your coffee. It's recently been in the news that a couple of cups a day may help keep dementia away! It increases mental alertness and in the 1800's it was used to treat asthma as it dilates the bronchial tubes. But even today, a study has shown that coffee drinkers have less asthma! Yes you can become addicted on just one cup a day but if you enjoy it, then enjoy it! Everything in moderation.
SHewson
Lively Laner

Post by SHewson »

You really have nothing to worry about.

I drink coffee before I go to the gym and exercise as it has certain qualities that improve performance whilst exercising.

Like most things your body gets used to foods and drinks if consumed regularly so you probably would have a small reaction.

I think for the small amount you drink it is unnecessary to stop drinking it.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

carolc wrote:I don't think there's any reason to stop your coffee. It's recently been in the news that a couple of cups a day may help keep dementia away! It increases mental alertness and in the 1800's it was used to treat asthma as it dilates the bronchial tubes.

I drink about 10 cups a day! No wonder I am so brilliant! :-D

I would be suprised if missing one cup would make you feel like that Ilona - you can't possibly be addicted on one cup can you? confused>
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I should think it was more likely cos you'd had a poorly tum so not slept quite so well???
I love a cuppa (tea) first thing in the morning - my lovely hubs brings me one in bed along with a paper and the dog :-D
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Some years ago I decided to stop drinking tea & coffee.
I got myself down to 1 cup a day, but needed that to keep the headaches away.
Then we went on holiday, and the first thing the landlady offered us.....
So that was the end of that and I didn't bother about giving up again.
If I'm shopping I find a Kitkat keeps up the caffeine level nicely.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

I think it was your tummy bug which upset your day, not one cup of coffee. I love the stuff and have started to grind my own beans for special occasional cups. It deffinitely keeps me awake if I drink it too late in the evening.
Looove chucks!
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

I started drinking decaffeinated tea a few days ago, then had two days of dreadful headache and tiredness. I also turned into the grouchiest hag in existence! I wondered if it might be caffeine withdrawal symptroms, even though I only have 3 cups of tea a day they are very big cups and I tend to leave the teabag in for about 5 minutes to brew. Luckily I'm feeling better today! ))sun
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I had a mug of coffee this morning, couldn't face feeling rough later. Maybe I'll try and reduce my intake gradually, get one of my posh china cups out and wean myself off it gradually. I don't drink tea so that's ok. Try increasing the water intake.

Ilona
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Hmm I wonder if I started drinking a cup or two $cf$ a day I might not feel so blooming tired all the time confused>
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Kate, I think a lot of that is to do with our age, although I do feel much more energised since I lost weight but I am eating better things too (generally) :?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com