Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Bit of a whinge, sorry!

Post by Babycakes »

OH reckons s/he is a little footballer who now wants to practice after the (shocking) Liverpool game last night LoL
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

Aw, babycakes, I know what you are going through. With each suscessive pregnancy, my SPD started earlier and earlier. I was in a truss by 4 months with my third and on sticks as I got to the end.

For all three, I was better as soon as they popped out - quite literally in the case of the third, my pelvis was so loose she plopped out on the lounge floor.

It is so annoying when you feel unwell during pregnancy because you are expected to 'glow'. I never did. Stay grumpy, only 24 weeks to go )t'
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Have cheered up considerably today. I had my fotnightly appointment at the hospital, and they are very happy with my sugar levels so I have escaped insulin for another 2 weeks )t'
Even better, they gave me a quick scan just to keep an eye on peanut's growth - and s/he is perfect :-D Perfect size, perfect amount of water around him/her and perfect little heart beating awat like the clappers.
Brilliant!
Effie, I have 24 more weeks of blaming it on the hormones, then it's back to ordinary grumpyness LOL. Today it's people who walk large, intomadiating dogs off the lead, motorbikes who drive up the chevrons in the middle of the road to avoid sitting in traffic and, most especially of all, inconsiderate *bleep*s who stand smoking IN THE DOORWAY OF THE MATERNITY HOSPITAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )gr: )ang
wendy

Post by wendy »

All good news Sarah.
Glad to see your grumpyness is up to par {rofwl}
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Good news {hug} you must be doing really well with the healthy diet thing. Maybe you will be like me and my second and have the baby and be lighter than when you got pregnant (not through choice, i had major indigetion for the whole of the time and could not cook so we lived off ready meals)

My friend that had SPD found her second preganany marginally easier as she knew what was wrong second time around she put her aches and pains down to preganancy.

BTW report the smokers to the hospital i know at ours security go and have a word with them, and keep the grumpyness up!! i love grumpyness {hug}
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Effie wrote:...my pelvis was so loose she plopped out on the lounge floor.

OMG, you poor thing. yike*

Effie wrote:It is so annoying when you feel unwell during pregnancy because you are expected to 'glow'. I never did. Stay grumpy, only 24 weeks to go )t'

I used to hate it when people said to me 'you look so well' when what they wanted to say was ' you look so hugely fat and blobby'!!!

I would have really loved more children ........if I could have had them without being pregnant!!! I always viewed those who said 'I just loved being pregnant' with the deepest suspicion, as that just wasn't my experience!!!! (no offence meant to those of you who really enjoyed it!)
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I love having a bump and watching it grow, and the baby moving, and I love maternity leave hahaha but...thats pretty much it. I dislike needles, diabetes, SPD, waddling like a duck already, stretch marks, spots, waiting rooms, nausea, enormous ( . )( . ), not being able to sleep on my front, not being able to eat whatever I want.
And see all those people who say you forget the pain of labour as soon as the baby is born?? Well let me tell you, it all comes FLOODING back whe you;re faced with doing it again.
Sara

Post by Sara »

p.penn wrote:I always viewed those who said 'I just loved being pregnant' with the deepest suspicion, as that just wasn't my experience!!!! (no offence meant to those of you who really enjoyed it!)

I also hated being pregnant. Absolutly hated it.

Babycakes....... {hug&kiss} {hug}
Be grumpy if you want to....... You are more than entitled to be.
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

BBC i had major problems facing my second labour. i went as far as booking an indepadant midwife as i was so mis managed during my first and i wanted someone to look after me.

I also spoke to the supervisor of midwifrey at the hospital too, what i'm trying to say is, if you are scared of labour there are things you can do {hug} {hug}
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

Effie wrote:
...my pelvis was so loose she plopped out on the lounge floor.

OMG, you poor thing.

Not at all, best way to give birth in my opinion.

First time they tried to kill me when my labour didn't progress according to time table, venteuse (sp?) without being fully dilated, full length 3rd degree tear, 4 units blood lost, general to sew me back up, etc, etc

2nd labour, had to deal with positively rudee midwives as the couldn't 'see what was going on', left without food for 14 hours post delivery, notes lost so nearly not discharged ( and I really wanted to get home to eat)

So all things considered, had a much nicer time sorting myself out, hubby did the necessary light mopping and I didn't have to sort out childcare :-D

i was so mis managed during my first and i wanted someone to look after me.

Very mildly put, Bolybarb. They should at least realise they are dealing with grumpy pregnant women )t'

Back to topic - it all makes part of the story of your child's life, your pregnancy is as much part of them as anything else they do. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean you'll enjoy it but you will remember it more fondly when it is further in the past.
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"