Liv has a rash

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Sara

Liv has a rash

Post by Sara »

Hi all

Just want to know if anyone has any ideas at all.

Yesterday I noticed a rash on Olivias whole body. I had appeared in the space of an hour. I did the tumbler test and took her temperature and they were both normal.... So i took her to the doctors who said she probably had an allergic reaction to something. He prescribed an antihistimine type sirop and a body wash and lotion to use....
Today it has gotten worse, so this evening i gave her a bath with this calming body wash, applied the lotion ect; but it seems to have made it worse... Its really red and itchy.. Her temperature has started to rise, An hour before bed it was 36° and just before bed it was 37.6°.Really unusual for her to have any temperature change... She is really upset by it, not very interested in food.... I did think of chicken pox but the doctor said its not the right kind of rash.
I cant think what she could be allergic to.... I have just changed washing powder but to the same one i usually use ( had a different one for a few weeks as it was on offer), her food is the same, she only has filtered or bottled water....
Does anyone have any advise or ideas? Im starting to worry now :?

)hlp> )hlp>
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
p.penn

Re: Liv has a rash

Post by p.penn »

The washing powder could do it I guess. She shouldn't get a temp with an allergy, although I remember my daughter having quite a bad allergy rash one as a child.

Sorry, not much help Sara - if you get very worried, I would contact the doc again.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
roddelmae
Longlasting Laner

Post by roddelmae »

Roll a glass over the rash; if it disappears, probably nothing to worry about. If it doesn't disappear, got her to the doc PDQ.
Sorry, I've just seen in your first post that you have already done this, but with the temperature having rissen, try it again.
Does she have a painful or stiff neck?
What's right with this country is the freedom to discuss what's wrong with it.
Sara

Post by Sara »

The rash disapears under a glass, one of the first things i checked. After what happened with dad im very paranoid about the dreaded m word.
The rash is hot to touch, she keeps waking up. I dont have a hope with our gp,i would have to take her to hospital which im really not keen on.... Bad experiences and dont want to drag her out now shes in bed... Although if she gets any worse then i will have to. Grrrrr Feel a bit worried and stressed by this! :?

Sara XxX
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oh Sara,
They are such a worry when they are tiny. Hopefully it is just a temperature that is giving her a rash..
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Has she had any different food that she might have an allergy to?
Anti histamine should work well if it is an allergy to washing powder and as the others say I wouldn't expect a high temperature.
It could be a rubella, german measles type infection. Chicken pox has small blister like spots.
If you give her calpol or infant paracetamol the temp should go down. If it doesn't then get her to the doctor again.
{hug} {hug}
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
wendy

Post by wendy »

I also thought of rubella. But usually it doesn't upset them or itch if I recall.
Wendy

Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

My boy had the rubella jab but contracted what the dr called a rubbella like virus-dr speak for unknown miscellaneous virus. It didn't itch but he was very miserable, no sleep and clingy for a week.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
wendy

Post by wendy »

That wasn't good was it ?
Mine had it but the jab wasn't around then and just had the rubella virus.
Wendy

p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Mine all got measles from the jab - it was given seperately then. As for german measles, you are right Wendy and homemade, it doesn't itch.

I think I am right in saying bicarb in a bath is supposed to help with itching? Or some calamine lotion - that's cooling too.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I'm not sure that they can always tell what the rash is.
Mine had more rashes than there are named illnesses, any temperature brought up a rash on one.
So just keep her quiet and see how it goes I suppose.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Sara

Post by Sara »

Thanks for the advice.... {hug}
She seems a bit happier in herself this morning, but the rash seems to be worse. Its now white around the edges with a angry red dot in the middle? confused> She is itching still...... Her temp seems to have gone down. I have given her infant paracetamol alternated with infant ibuprofen which seems to have worked. I will see how it is later, if no better then we will be off to the doctors again tomorrow. I hate seeing her like this.... :?

Sara XxX
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Sara they are such a worry, at least the temp is coming down, another trip to the dr would be a good idea though {hug} {hug} Bless her
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
wendy

Post by wendy »

Good to hear she is happier and her temperature is down. That is always a worry.
That is a strange sounding rash. There isn't any in her mouth is there ?
Definately a visit to Dr though
Wendy

Sara

Post by Sara »

I would love to get a look in her mouth wendy, but we are going through a bit of a biting phase at the moment. ! I tried to get a look yesterday and almost finished with one less finger. Marc is home all today so im hoping he can hold her mouth open while i have a good look..... :shock:
She has just finished her breakfast and although not really botherd about eating it she does seem a bit happier. I think i will give her another bath this morning and see how she is today....... It would be a lot easier if she could tell me what was wrong and if she had any pain ect....

Sara XxX