Tennis Elbow

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Tennis Elbow

Post by Richard »

To add to my right shoulder operation last year which is still waking me up at night, I've now got Tennis Elbow in the left arm - so if one isn't getting me up, the other is !!
It started about three weeks ago and I've been finding it really hard doing easy things like taking jars off shelves with my left arm etc.

I saw the Kent Physio today and he reckons it's that I've become more ambidextrous with painting, lifting etc.

Anyways, he gave me this strap and it's quite amazing how it instantly helped.

[center]Image[/center]

Don't know if anyone else gets it, but if they do, see if your Pharmacy sells one of these, it a Velcro job.

Richard

PS. Both are common cricketing conditions, so I'm not telling anyone it's age, just "sport injuries" !! :-D
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
stace
Legendary Laner

Re: Tennis Elbow

Post by stace »

Mr Stace has had it on and off for about 10 years, they thought it was due to playing golf. He seems to get flare ups of it, lasts about a week then goes off. His locks up, and and is very painful at night, I will tell him about that Richard )t'
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
wendy

Post by wendy »

Poor you, I have had it in the past....years of dog training on the left side all the time, I am afraid.
You will just have to stop playing cricket. You and Beckham, what is the World going to do :?
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard

Post by Richard »

Stace, the Physio said that some countries call it Golfers elbow.

I guess any old bandage would do in a storm, but these are adjustable.

I think I will have to accept that my chances of playing for England are now over. I could have played for Kent when I was younger. The only thing which stopped me was that I wasn't good enough.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ha ha ha Richard! That'll do it every time!

Sorry to hear about your elbow, although I guess you are very lucky having expert help to hand. )t'

Hope it clears up soon.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Oh I know all about that Richard - I had it last year and it took 6 months to go. I also had one of those straps (recomended by my GP). Eventually I went to see a physio and she wasn't keen on them as she said it can put the pressure elsewhere and cause other problems (you get to rely on it) .... Anyway after 6 sessions of gentle physio and ultra-sound it cleared up and hasn't recurred. I am more careful though about lifting things and twisting my arm. Hope yours gets better soon :-D
Richard

Post by Richard »

Three days to go before I start about five straight weeks at Cricket Kate; duties include carrying the water upstairs, tidying kit, cleaning baths, hoovering, rushing up to the Office and back. But, a fair amount of time sitting down having banter with the Players though.

Good news is I have Physio daily. I'm really lucky, one of the Countries top sport physios at my beck and call - have to make sure there's enough Jammy Dodgers around though - I know how to win his heart!!

I'm only wearing it when I'm doing anything physical.

I dug (from grass) one area 12 x 4 and another 12 x 3 this morning, so I'm taking it easy !
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

That really doesn't sound much like taking it easy Richard {warn} {rofwl} But it sounds like you are in good hands :-D