Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
manda

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by manda »

Thanks Jem...well done on your weight loss it's amazing isn't it when you start putting something tangible to the actual numbers...can you imagine carrying that around ALL.THE.TIME!!! Crazy isn't it!
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Manda - your post reminded me of how I felt this time in January when I started to lose weight yet again - it's for my health and I've got to do it and I've found that to be a really motivating factor.

Lost another two pounds this month - now in the past I'd have been disappointed with that but this time I'm looking on the positive - every month the scales go down and I'm eating healthy food not rubbish which in a way is just as important as the weight loss.

Lost over three stone now and not feeling deprived (well not most of the time :-D )

Good luck to everyone else and keep going - you feel so much better about yourself if you shift a bit of weight apart from the health benefits.

Bought a beautiful new coat this week at Tatton Show and it felt so good trying on a size 16 (and a size 14 will feel even better when I get there)
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
manda

Post by manda »

Dreadful really because I knew I needed to lose weight but it's taken this to scare the bejeezuz out of me to get my butt into gear...mind you at least it's in gear.

Well done on your weight loss..as you say as long as those numbers are going down then it's the right way :-D )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Well done to everyone who is losing weight bit by bit, it is the best way, your body adapts and you get used to eating healthy with just the odd treat instead of the other way round. I'm finding the glut of soft fruit is brilliant, when I need a nibble there's raspberries, strawberries, cherries and so on, yummy.

I am still the same as I have been for weeks now, but at least not putting anything back on. I gave away all my 16 and 18 clothes so if I get too big for the seize 14s I am in trouble yike*
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

I've just bought a fitbit tracker (basically it's a pedometer that talks to your computer) It measures how many steps you've taken every day and I've linked it up to the my fitness pal app and my food diary - finding it really good - it's making me walk more cos it works out if you can have more food for walking more!

It's really got me going this week - aiming to walk 10,000 steps a day so although I find exercise difficult with my knee I am increasing the amount I'm expending over the day. Got me well motivated this week - got to keep it up as I was plateauing a bit so decided I need to move more as I dont want to eat any less! Right time to walk the dog and use a few more steps :-D
Julie

manda

Post by manda »

Well I got on the scales and I've lost a kilo so that's 3 kgs since last Friday....I'm delighted!! I know most of it is water.

I'm doing a low carb diet this time so I'll follow the principles of the SW red days if I can but so far I'm cutting out bread completely and potatoes and pasta.....fortunately spring seems to have arrived early here so I'm on the salads a fair bit.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

)c( Well done Manda!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
manda

Post by manda »

Thank Jem....
I've been reading on low carb....I need to read a lot more and get in my head low carb foods.

I've found a carb calculator on the www this morning and so can put in the food and it will tell me what the carbs are. I thought yesterday I had been really good and had stuck to around 35g of net carbs for the day. I then discovered that wasn't the case when I put in banana and it informed me they have 20g carbs each.....and I had 2!!!! yike*

Still it's got to be less than I would normally eat as I had no pasta, rice, potatoes, bread or anything like that. I'm not going to be obsessive over it but it's very interesting.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Well done Manda )t' I couldn't do low carb - cant live without bread! :-D
Julie

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I would struggle with low carb!

Went to group tonight expecting a loss as I've not had a good SW week! Lost 1.5lb which means 1 stone in total - yipeeee!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
manda

Post by manda »

Well done Jem!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!

Low carb is not my favourite...I'm a pasta freak...I love the stuff...but it's not a choice with the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes hanging over my head I HAVE to lose the weight....I will be seeing the same doc again in January (he suggested that as it will be about 6 months) and I want to have lost a substantial amount by then and hopefully my blood test will be show some major differences too.

So whilst I would live to dive head long into a large bowl of pasta or rice and munch on a loaf of Ciabatta ...I'm not going to be able to.

I've started counting carbs (I found a carb calculator on the net so that makes life a bit easier)...and so I can still have "Spahetti" bolognese when everyone else does I'm just waiting for a new gadget to arrive so that I can make "spaghetti" / noodles from things like Courgette, Squash, carrots.

There were others but the amount of waste was just silly - this just leaves you with a small disc and a core which could easily be chopped up and added to whatever it is I'm eating....I hope it works.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

That gadget looks fab, I love courgette pasta. If I do SW meatballs I usually have courgette instead of pasta, well I did when I tried 5:2 but will probably keep up with that. Good luck Manda, sounds like you're well sorted for getting that weight off. Onwards & downwards {hug}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I agree, what a great idea Manda! )t'

My mainstay dish at the moment is Mediterranean veg, tossed in a teeny bit of olive oil & pepper, plus skinned chicken thighs (bone in) tossed in olive oil then sprinkled with basil and oregano. Put all in roasting dish and roast for 45 mins or so at 200/180 degrees. Incredibly tasty, good for you, and easy peasy.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Roasted veg are one of my staples too - when I've been working late shifts I do a great big roasting tin of peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushroom, garlic and whatever else springs to mind with a sprinkling of olive oil and it makes the basis of my main meal at work - served mixed with cous cous is a good one - with salmon or chicken. Really healthy, filling meal that tastes good too. Also love stuffed vine leaves - again healthy and tasty.

My fitbit tracker is great btw - really got me moving this week - think I've lost about 3 pounds this week which is down to trying to be more active. The dog's exhausted! Looking forward to my weigh in on Monday. I've nearly lost 4 stone now and I can really see and feel the difference.
Julie

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Wow, great going Julie! Well done, I bet you feel so much better for it! )t'