Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
p.penn

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by p.penn »

Yes, well done you! I just haven't got a handle on returning to normal yet and eating really stupidly }hairout{
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
manda

Post by manda »

Thank you...I've got my now motivation to get restarted ...with my op coming up on the 24th I want to lose as much as I can before then...so it was a good motivator...better for having an anaesthetic etc etc.. every kilo counts :-D
That being said today is a food day so I've nibbled and tonight Morocan Beef and I had a bowl of ice cream...tomorrow I'm juicing again )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
manda

Post by manda »

Hello all the bodies...hope you've all had a good week :-D

I've had a juicing /eating mix...1.5kgs off this week )c( so I'm happy.

I've got surgery this coming Saturday so might not be in on Monday to weigh in but I'll keep on it )t' Good Luck for this week all :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Good luck to you too For Saturday Manda xx
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Hope you don`t mind me joining in lovelies but I am so sick of being fat and eating being out of control. So have joined weight watchers on line (to far away from group) and started my pulmonary exercises for my chronic obstructive chest. Absolutely know I will feel better if I can get the weight off and know my breathing will be easier. So its last little food fling today and tomorrow off I go. My weigh in is going to be Mondays so hoping to keep in track, definitely up for it this time.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Good for you Mrs B! Looking forward to hearing how it goes :-D
Helen xx

manda

Post by manda »

p.penn wrote:Good luck to you too For Saturday Manda xx
Thank you Helen {hug}

Go Mrs Boodles....you will do it....that mind set is the all important thing :-D )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

You are going great guns Manda, Saturday has been one hell of a motivator for you! Hope it all goes well for you {hug}
)wav( Hello Mrs Boodles, they are a great bunch in here for tips, ideas & kicks up the bum if needed!

I haven't really got going this year with the whole healthy eating thing. I have been having loads of tests, feeling fairly rubbish and just eating crap (which I know won't help!). This morning's hospital appointment confirmed what we thought, that I have fibromyalgia. The consultant recommended swimming or gentle exercise so am hoping that my dog walking will do for now (when I am able) and once we move house (hopefully March time, if all goes well with the purchase) I will get the Wii set up and do the yoga/stretchy type exercises.

Far too many excuses and not enough getting on with it - just can't get my head into gear at all. Feel free to kick my bum all the way to next Tuesday!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

OK, then. In the nicest possible way, I'll kick off on that one.

You have fibromyalgia. It's nasty. Why would you want to feel any worse than you have to? If the doc says 'go swimming', why go dog walking? Is there something you know that he doesn't? Dog walking is good. Maybe swim as well?

I really don't mean to be nasty, but you seem to want the motivation, so I'm playing devil's advocate. I understand that you must feel really awful, and losing a huge amount of weight will seem beyond you, but what can you do today? this mealtime? what would be achievable TODAY that could help you to your goal? One more healthy meal? 5 minutes longer out with the dog? And what's the alternative? To feel as bad as you do already, or worse? What are you giving up to do the thing you want to achieve? Only stress and feeling grotty. One step at a time. I'm sure you'll get there.

As I said, I don't mean to be unpleasant. This is the nature of the discussions I've been having with my inner self recently. I set the goal of losing 1/2 stone per month, and to do that I've broken it down into very basic improvements - healthiest food option available, 12 minute exercise routine a day, 3x 1/2 hour walks a week etc. By doing the easy baby things and joining them up,I've lost 3lbs in 13 days.

Maybe, you could reframe the problem. You have a health issue, so you need to take extra care of yourself. You could do one more healthy thing each day to beat the fibromyalgia. What;'s it going to be today? At every step you have a choice to make, so what would be the right step to help someone who's feeling below par?

So now I feel bad for nagging a poorly person. I hope you feel better soon. )t'
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Freeranger, I really appreciate that you are trying to help so don't feel bad for nagging as you put it. I asked for a kick up the bum so cat was not necessary :-D My original message wasn't very informative and missed stuff out (didn't want to come across as oh woe is me!). Swimming affects my ongoing back issue so whilst it would be good for the fibro, it would cause pain elsewhere. He also said gentle exercise so for now that will be exercising the dog. I do the short walks & frisbee on the field stuff, hubby does the long tromps that I am unable to do currently. He works away quite a bit so the dog cannot go 3 days without going out for a walk so that HAS to be my exercise too.

You are right though, I need to think about what I can change each day and not look too far ahead and get overwhelmed by what I need to do. So, today's change is no biscuits with my cups of tea, porridge instead of naughty sugary flakes of corn and I will sit and plan some nice healthy meals for the coming days. I'll have bad days, I just have to learn to pace myself and not beat myself up if I have a day of being unable to do stuff - learning curve ahead!

Freeranger, thank you for taking the time to respond and again, please do not feel bad - like I said, I really do appreciate it. Also, blooming well done for your weight loss - seeing how you have done it has inspired me and given me plenty of food for thought.
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

As I said privately, I'm glad you found it helpful.

I've managed to lose another 1lb, but I think that was mostly shivering!

I've said I'll do some more wood foraging today, but I don't want to because it's cold and freezing but it's an opportunity to be warmer and to use some calories - it should be a 'no brainer',no? But I'm still sifting through the excuses to stay under this sofa-blanket watching James Martin cook things I'm never going to make. Why are we so perverse? Or is that just me?!
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Well done on another lb!

Manda, I assume that by now you will have had your op so hope it all went well and that you are ok {hug}
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Yes, well said, Jem. Let us know how you are, Manda.

I thought my post earlier sounded so pathetic, especially after the one before, that I DID do the foraging after all. You can see why I have so much weight to lose though, can't you, with debate required for all the things I should be doing.
perchy

Post by perchy »

perchy wrote:Well, I have weighed in this morning and have lost 3.5 lbs, I know it is only 6 days since I started, but for some reason I like to weigh on a Sunday, so hopefully with next weeks holiday I will be sticking to the red and green or what I know of it, I am hoping with the weather being a little warmer or at lease longer daylight we will be able to walk more which is what we do on hols I would be happy with a small loss )t' Good luck next week everyone )t'

Shame they have a bar )hic(

I am so relieved that after a week away I have stayed the same, no loss but if you could have seen the amount of food and drink available this is a miracle )t'

back on the wagon
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Well done Perchy! It's always good to come back from a great holiday to a stay the same! Freeranger, we all have days like that - you're only human and I'm sure you'll perservere and get there in the end. We just need to make sure we lose without making ourselves unhappy!