Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by jemberelli »

Well done you! No weigh-in for me tonight as I have been poorly today but will see how I do next week. Onwards and downwards everyone )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Get well soon. )t'
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Thanks, much better today. Did a sneaky jump on the scales and another 3lb gone but don't imagine that is a true reflection, more due to being ill. Will see what next Monday brings!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Gosh what clever scales you've got! Being able to tell the difference between real weight loss and illness weight loss. Mine just groan.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

I missed SW last week and have only lost 1/2lb but all things considered im pleased with that cause I havnt been sticking to it very much.

I won the raffle again thats three times on the trot iv won it, I think I must have a lucky fairy on my shoulder :-D .

How is everyone else doing and good luck for this week :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Wow, you are on a lucky streak! Well done on your loss )t'
I went last night after a week away and had lost 1lb which I was happy with considering I had been ill and then eaten a pile of rubbish! Determined to have a really good loss next week so going to try extra hard this week - would like my stone award in the next 2 weeks. Took the dog for a walk yesterday, put a pair of shorts on that promptly fell down to my ankles - good enough boost for anyone I reckon!
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Jem I bet you felt great when the shorts fell down you will get a boost from thst as you can see the evidence of your hard work )c( . Well done you xx.

Last night I was looking at my book and iv lost 1.5 so I dont know whats happened there so I was even more pleased.
I didnt look in the group so didnt notice and when I weighed in I coulnt remember whst I had been as iv been so up and down but mainly up!!!!!!?.
Any way Jesn will sort it out next week for me.

Good luck for this week Jem and everyonr else >gl< Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Nothing for me this week, though I thought I was being quite good. Not expecting a good week this week either because a couple of buffets are involved - usually means mayo on everything.
manda

Post by manda »

Heck I've struggled (you might have noticed because of my lack of posting :? ).

I've strained my rotator cuff (shoulder) which is agony ..I thought the Sciatica was painful but this has topped it! I have been to the doctor and so had blood tests done as well (he was thinking maybe Osteoarthritis....good news it isn't. I also had fasting lipids and blood glucose and the results..
Good news - cholesterol is OK
Bad news - Blood sugars were high and I was told I'm pre-diabetic.

The good news with that is I'm not diabetic but it's a huge warning. I've known since I packed the weight back on that I needed to lose it but this is the metaphorical slap round the face I think I needed (well I hope it is)...losing weight is no longer something I just want to do... I need to do it. I don't see daily injections in my future and so I've got to do something about it.

It's taken me a few days to process this and I've done nothing but read about diabetes on the net (in addition to all the bumpf he gave me) since I found out. So I'm going to REALLY apply myself. Lower fat, lower carb diet -my SW green days will be no more because I need to drop the carbs.
Hubby got a real bargain a cross trainer for $25 (they are around $400 normally) -the computer on it wasn't working ..actually it was because the wires had come loose so he took it apart and has fixed it ..new batteries and it's good to go.
We've decided to turn our spare bedroom into a place to exercise (gym sounds a bit much)....so youngest son thinks this is great because at 8 years old he's getting the big bed out of there )grin2(

So I WILL be getting my act together now and be more positive about sorting out my weight this time!!! )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Blimey Manda, that really is a huge slap! Like you say, it is down to you and your diet and it sounds like your approach is well thought-out and full of determination! Good luck, keep posting and we can all kick each other's virtual butts )t' {hug}
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Hope the pain from the shoulder has eased Manda, I had shoulder pain all last year and it was miserable and exhausting.

A shock the diabetes thing, I hope you can balance your diet right to bring the sugar levels back down hugs x
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Manda {hug} {hug&kiss}

It sounds as if you already have a few plans up your sleeve, so good luck with it all. Don't forget a smaller plate helps too - it looks fuller I guess!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
manda

Post by manda »

Jem - a virtual butt kicking I think will be needed I think just to remind me how scared I was when THAT word was mentioned....so everyone has my full permission to remind me of this if I start to slide...PLEASE.

I weighed myself on Saturday but I have weighed myself again this morning...I don't know why I like Monday's as a weigh in day ...makes you focus over the weekend I suppose although I don't have set days off as we do a 4 on 2 off roster so that makes no sense really {rofwl}
Anyhoo ...I've lost 2 kgs already and I haven't really got started )c(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Brilliant loss Manda )c( and a great start to your campain go beat the dreaded D word and wellcome back {hug} .
It must have been a shock for you but knowing you it will spur you on even more and of course we will kick virtual butt if you need it )t' .
I hope your shoulder has eased too {hug}
I have spoken with my family about having my prolapsed bladder repaired,and will need to lose a lot of weight to go through the op if I am able to have it done I aim to find out at my next appointment
After my hospital stay earlier this month I no longer dread the aneashetic sp?, I was really bad every othrr time but this time I had no side effects.
The reason I want it done is I because if I dont I will have to get my pessary changed every 4/6 months for the rest of my life.

So I too am really trying to get myself back in the mood, although two day trips this week miht not help matters. Although to be fair to myself we went for a carvery one day instead of a chinese buffet, and the other day I had a sandwich and half a tray of chips.

Anyhow good luck this week one and all >fi< Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Another 2lb gone - this time my 12.5lb total loss is equivalent to this huuuge baby!

Hugs & positive vibes to you both, Linda & Manda - your weight loss is going to make such a huge difference to your lives {hug}