Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
p.penn

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by p.penn »

How about this? Check your wardrobe regularly, and for every item you throw out because it is too big, you pop a set amount of money into a jar, even if its only a pound or two. Then, when you have reached a stable weight, you could go out and treat yourself to a gorgeous new outfit :-D

It is difficult not to consciously think about food all the time when you are dieting. I guess that when it becomes natural, you have cracked it.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
manda

Post by manda »

Hi Scrambled ..sorry to hear you've hit a motivation slump ....heck haven't we all been there and I'd love to know why it happens...like so many of the things that sabotage us

Scrambled wrote:I stopped my early morning exercise routine during the fourth week of my weight loss attempt, because I was getting a bit concerned at how fast I was losing weight and I really don't want it to just pile back on.

I have to be honest I haven't done any exercise as such I found the cross trainer was pulling on my knee too much so I'm going to up my walking on the beach and make it a regular things...maybe when I've lost more weight and I'm putting less strain on joints I will give it a go ...I really want to be able to use the cross trainer so that if it's raining I can still exercise...luckily we're just coming up for summer so that makes exercise easier in the mean time.

Scrambled wrote:Trying to take a slower but steady approach. I am even thinking about not weighing myself weekly any more - maybe every fortnight....partly because I was aware that I was thinking about the weigh-in a bit TOO much through the week and don't want to swing from doing well to becoming obsessed.

Taking it slowly makes sense..I feel the same so skin can keep up which can be a real issue.

Scrambled wrote:....the only stuff hanging in the wardrobe now is stuff that fits now. I'm including a poncho and numerous scarves....is that cheating? {rofwl} ...

NO!!Whatever works ...and if it works hey do it )t'

Scrambled wrote:....Silly, but it feels safer to be in the big trousers (even though they are hanging off me) somehow. Why is that, I wonder?

I completely understand and I'm sure everyone else does too...I'm still wearing clothes from probably at least a size (maybe 2) ago....baggy clothes hide a multitude of sins but the downside is they don't let you see the changes and let your mind process the weight loss....we still think fat even when we're thinner or even thin...what is that all about ?!

I'm a mental health nurse and I still fall into the traps even though I know the psychology behind it all }hairout{

All that being said I've found this week I've been able to boost myself ... I constantly look for ways to do this...it's all about playing games with myself to keep my motivation going.
After I watched the doco (I put a link to a couple of posts ago ) we decided to do a juice a day ...if nothing else it means that we are getting all those extra nutrients.

I am a bit of a scale jumper..I will weigh myself sometimes I will weigh every day and review what I've eaten in the previous couple of days so I can have a think about how I've being eating...it is obsessive and I know it is but I don't feel like I have a choice...I have to lose the weight.

So what has come out of it....
Well we're on day 4...we have a juice for breakfast that's it. I then have something like chicken and salad for lunch and for tea either similar or I like tonight I had a roast tonight but no spuds (still having gravy)...on Friday night we went out and on our ways home we went to Burgers n Beer...I didn't have beer I had lime and bitters and a burger no fries...mind you the burgers are enormous..the rolls were almost a cross between bread and flatbread...really good and not as filling. I had a really good look at the menu and the great thing was I didn't feel left out.

I don't want to detox and I don't want to do the extreme because I don't want to have bags of skin but I want to keep things going and have something that I can use now to boost things ..I think the juice is going to do that. It looks like it has is helping but I will weigh myself tomorrow and see what the results have been since last week.

Oh god I can never just write a little bit when I'm doing this..I write like I think (which just shows you what sort of place my mind is yike* {rofwl} )

Good Luck ...keep looking for the things that give you the boost...you'll keep finding little things that you can use at different times I know you will ...you're doing so well {hug}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
manda

Post by manda »

I weighed myself this morning (as I'm now on Monday morning) and I've lost 1.1kgs (2.4lbs) ...VERY happy with that considering I had an evening out (although I was sensible).

I think the juice has helped so even though I don't want to do it all the time it's definitely one to keep as a booster :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Well done, Manda - another good week )app( )app(

Scrambled, sorry you're feeling as you do. Weights, heads and senses of identity are very strangely mixed up, aren't they? But you're doing so well, especially as you said you'd had bad news. Just carry on carrying on, and you'll be throwing off those ponchos in no time (I would have said trousers, but don't want you getting arrested in Trescos!)

I've been very hit and miss with the exercise, but I just want to do some toning exercises for my middle/core because I am both an unhealthy apple shape and also a bad back sufferer. Apart from that I'm going to wait until the dieting alone stops working so that I have an escalation route. I've lost 1.5lbs this week, so 4.5lbs so far (2 weeks), or 6.5% of my target.

Depressingly, I was the heaviest I've ever been, and 4.5 lbs later, am still heavier than the last time that I vowed to sort out my weight. I realise now, though, that there were several things I wasn't satisfied with about my life and they'd happened by just bumbling into them and not creating an alternative. I've bumbled into being fat, and I just know that the only way it's going to change is if I do something about it. I'm also attacking other things as well, breaking those into doable chunks and eating the elephant (low cal version!) a bit at a time, rather than feeling overwhelmed by the whole.

I was working recently with a lady who was losing weight by being very disciplined, and when congratulated just said "well, it wasn't going to happen any other way. It's what you've got to do" I'm trying to focus on the process and feeling of being in control, rather than on the food or the weight loss, except as an indicator of successful choices. This is probably absolutely the wrong way for others to approach it, but this is what is working for now.
manda

Post by manda »

I totally agree ...the trouble for me is if I get all military about it I then start seeing it as the "War with food" and I don't want that...I want to be able to enjoy food and have enough control that I can be sensible and carry on losing weight...then enjoy and back to it again, otherwise I've solved nothing.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Scrambled
Lively Laner

Post by Scrambled »

)app( )c( )app( )c( )app(

Well done, Manda!! That's another great loss for you - brilliant!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Over a kilo is a lot of weight to lose! A bag of sugar in fact! Well done Manda {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
manda

Post by manda »

I know!! and it happened without trying...I'm going to have to remember that when I hit a plateau and I'm feeling sorry for myself :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Not so much a war with food in my case, Manda, more about war with myself. It's just about deciding what I want and actively making that happen, rather than bumbling along and letting something else take over. I know I won't be dieting forever, so then I can balance the indulgences and stay level, but for now I need to be firmer (on all levels!).
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I had the time Manda, I watched the video while I was chomping my way through a huge salad. Had to watch it to the end, a nice twist three quarters of the way through it. Very emotional and very inspiring. Thanks for the link.
Ilona
manda

Post by manda »

I did the same Ilona ...salad and steak )grin2( ...I admire them both for going the whole hog ...not sure I could unless I absolutely had to ...I like to chew my food not just drink it but I suppose if you are backed into a corner and you feel it's the only way out then needs must.....the plus was they were able to come off so much medication or like the lady her migraines stopped...just makes you wonder what she was eating that brought them on.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Scrambled
Lively Laner

Post by Scrambled »

Well, I have learned a few things over the past week and a half. One is that I don't cope well with life's ups and downs....they take prominence over everything, which in turn leads to being disorganised...which includes being disorganised with food shopping/cooking/eating which then leads to eating any old rubbish and in prolific quantities.

I also know that I'm not yet 'naturally' living a healthier lifestyle - disappointing to realise this, but the last week and a bit is testament to this, and I know that I need to accept (if I want to get to a healthy weight) that it will be an ongoing, conscious approach or it will fail.

I've felt thoroughly bloated, over-full, exhausted and generally miserable {cry} and realise that the last week has been lived as the 'old' me (which was an unhappy me).

But, I'm going to get organised tomorrow - get back into shopping for healthy food, organising my cooking and making sure that we have a fridge filled with good, healthy, nutritious meals and snacks.

So a lesson learned. On the upside, I am wearing my next-size-down trousers and don't feel scared :-D I abandoned the weekly weigh-in (which I had been thinking of abandoning anyway). Downside is that I need to fork out for a couple more pairs of smaller trousers, and some jeans {rofwl}

So, onwards and upwards >fi<
manda

Post by manda »

)like(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

Im sneaking back in - hello!!

So I joined a gym: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=52491

I joined on Monday and I've been Tuesday, weds, Thurs, Fri. After I'd signed up on Monday I weighed myself and took my measurements: bust (b) waist (w) hips (h) legs(l) and arms (a):
weight: 14s12
B: 42
W:37
H: 44
L: 26.5
A: 12.5

I measured and weighed myself today which I'll probably do every Saturday just forgot yesterday! And here goes:

Weight: 14s9. -3lbs
B: 41. -1inch
W:35.5. -1.5inch
H: 44 no change (my bum is still fat!)
L: 25. -1.5inch
A: 12.5. No change

I Dont know why I decided to weigh and measure, but I'm pleased I did, because honestly the work I've put in at the gym I'd have been a bit disheartened by only 3lbs off. Xx
photos of allotment & other nice things: http://pinterest.com/girlontheplot/

Follow my blog:
http://girlontheplot.blogspot.co.uk/

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Well done, Boosmummy! Nice to see some payoff for the hard work.

{hug} to Scrambled for a rough week, but a very positive learning experience and, as you say, onwards and upwards.

Our scales are too inaccurate to say exactly how much I've lost - I think about a generous lb, but who knows? Small change but right direction. Haven't had a good week food-wise, but will try harder next week. It took this long to get fat, so a few more days to get thin won't be the end of the world.