Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Taw81
Learner Laner

Back Trouble, or all in my head?

Post by Taw81 »

Hi All,

New to this site, sp please be nice lol :-D

Quick post to get me started....

For past 1 1/2 + years I've had ad lower back pain, particularly over the left hip area, groin and down into my left leg. Recently I am finding the pain is now also is the right side too.

Had x-ray of SI joint - clear, blood tests show high CRP levels, tests for fibromyaligia are clear and had injection into back which didnt work.

I'm sure docs are fed up seeing me lol...but now all they say is nothing we can do keep taking painkillers!! )hlp>

I dont know if this is the kinda thing to be posted here, or if I have gone a little )ot: ! lol

Anyhow, is it all in my head? {cry}
saint-spoon

Re: Back Trouble, or all in my head?

Post by saint-spoon »

not sure, I'm not a doctor. welcome to the sight anyway.
Bah Humbug
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi,

Could be anything, L4 L5. See a good Physio, seems odd they just tell you to take painkillers, correct exercises are the key.

Welcome to the Forum,

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Hi and welcome.

Sounds like a good dose of sciatica to me... I should know, believe me.
It's rubbish that they can't do anything }hairout{
They could/can try,
Acupuncture, epidural, physio, Tens machine, operation, body brace, etc and of course goes without saying pain killers......... strong ones.
>gl<

P.S. Do you have chooks or a veg garden? )sh
Taw81
Learner Laner

Post by Taw81 »

Hi

Thanks for replies. wasnt looking a doctor, just wondered if anyone had same troubles.

Dont have chooks or a veg garden....yet. got 2 cats and i'm sure they would fancy them for their tea. just moved into a new house and we are thinking about 'growing our own'. Local allotments handy as well....

me and other half would be interested in any tips

just kinda stumbled across this forum

thanks
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Hello Taw,
Greetings and welcome to The Lane.
There's loads of advice on here on growing your own and chickens as well as all sorts of other subjects. Have a rummage and if any questions come to mind ask away. No question is considered too silly.
Domestic cats will not bother a chicken, well they may try once, but learn quickly that a chook is not to be messed with.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Taw81
Learner Laner

Post by Taw81 »

Hi Dom,

I guess if they dont want to be pecked, they will learn to live with them.

Saying that, we have had to keep the cats in due to the older one doing his disappearing act back to my old house each time he gets let out, and our younger (newer) cat is still quite nervous to be let out.

Fun and games of having a feline family )w(
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Hi Taw and welcome from me too........
I don't know about the pain being "all in your head" but you can certainly use your head to control it.......
To cut a long story short, some years ago I fell down a flight of stairs which damaged my spine so badly it was touch and go if I'd walk again...I was paralysed for several weeks before I started to have any feeling and when I did the pain came too...In the end I was addicted to strong painkillers....well I hit the bottom of a very deep dark hole and decided the only way was up...I went through cold turkey but came off the painkillers...don't get me wrong I still get the pain, just manage it in other ways and I don't let it rule my life ( look at my gyo diary)....The pain does radiate all over my body but I accept it as part of me and get on with my life.....My husband laughs his head off when I ask him to massage my ankle 'cause my back is bad.. {rofwl}
The way I look at it is - the pain is there if I lie in bed so I may as well achieve something whilst suffering.......I really believe that the best way to handle pain is to keep active, excercise in any form makes you feel better.. >gl<
ock

Post by ock »

hi and welcome )t'

I agree with Steve, sounds like sciatica to me, go and see a chiropractor, I tore a muscle in my pelvis which caused the sciatic nerve to be pinched, I had really bad pain in lower back, left buttock, back of left leg and calf and numbness in bottom of foot, I went to a chiropractor and within a couple of months its all sorted )c(
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

I've had back pain for years due to my job. We recently bought an inversion table and I'm now painfree for the first time in years )t' If my back starts to ache I just pop onto it for about 5-10 minutes and it sets it right. You're supposed to spend at least 5 minutes a day on it, but I don't always find the time.
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

Lots of streching works for me !

:-D
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Hi and a warm welcome to you.

I can certainly empathise with you. I had a spinal injury when I was 16. Long boring story, but the downside is that (apart from arthritis) I do get pains down back of legs which come from having nerve problems in my back.

I agree with Steve and Ock sounds like sciatica.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/