Aquarobics

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Aquarobics

Post by Sunny B »

Not being able to do aerobics since I wrecked my knee, I bit the bullet and went to an aquarobic session yesterday. Most of the participants were older and larger than me, and I wasn't expecting too much of it. How wrong was I??? It was a really tough workout, and I was boiling hot and muscles burning, despite the water.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Mad Chick

Re: Aquarobics

Post by Mad Chick »

I know how you feel Sunny! I've just joined a gym and have just got back from my first exercise class in about 8 years. It was called Tums, Bums and Thighs and they said it was low impact and suitable for beginners. They lied. I look like a great big red thing and I will be aching like hell tomorrow. I wouldn't mind but there were a couple of ladies there who must have been in their sixties who didn't even break into a sweat :oops: Never mind, that'll be me one day if i manage to keep it up...(in about 20 years time :oops: )

Keep up the good work )t'

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

AND...

What are those stupid things that pass for mats nowadays? They are so thin that the most painful part of the floor work was the floor! I'm taking the mattress off of my bed and take that with me next week - far more comfy )j;

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

I enjoy aqua-aerobics, too.

I have, however, found out it is not a good idea to go to a class after using moisturiser on my legs and feet. I was slipping all over the place. :?

I enjoy the class, but I do find it difficult when we are all jogging round in a circle round the pool and then change direction. Agree its a really good work-out and brilliant because there is no strain on your joints.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

We used to go to Aquarobics, June because her friend was going and wanted moral support and I went along rather than be sat on my own at home. In truth it was a bit tame for me as I went to the gym most days before work anyway, but any exercise is better than none (IMO). Well done for giving it a go, there are many out there who don’t bother or who think that everyone will be staring at them.
Bah Humbug
teddymouse
Longlasting Laner

Post by teddymouse »

i do 3x1 hour sessons a week,and i know it sounds daft,as your in water is take a bottle of drink with you,you really do need it .
angie
why is it these days that common sense and common decency aren't that common?????
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Good for all of those who do a bit of exercise, its suprising how it can make you feel much better not only in your body but also your mind. As a Powerplate personal trainer I get as much pleasure in people,s delight when they see their body change shape.

Again, well done!! )c(
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I agree with you lizzie, re excercise, there's nothing quite like lifting the spirit and the general well being feeling when you have done a bit of graft. I don't like water so walking is my bag, but any physical exertion is good for you.
Ilona
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I have got to like walking more since I have had the dog, and look forward to our time out together each day. Wouldn't do it without her though.

I tried aqua aerobics a few times and it was fine, but I much prefer dance-type aerobic excercise. I am not good at slow breathing stuff either, I like to jump about a lot!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

When my oldest was a baby, my friend decided we needed to go to a Step class to try to get rid of our baby tummies. I have absolutely no co-ordination or rhythm and ended up falling off of the step and in A&E with a torn achilles tendon. Ended up with a leg brace and crutches for nearly 3 months :oops: 13 years later, it still causes me pain. I am always wary of jumping around too much on it so I now have the perfect excuse if I'm getting worn out )t'

Lucy x
Lucy x