Sick :(

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Mad Chick

Sick :(

Post by Mad Chick »

I have been sick all night {cry}
(well, OK, a slight exaggeration, 3 times in the night...)
I hate sick, I'm rubbish with it. Even when my kids are sick, I get OH to deal with it because just the thought of it makes me retch. When I'm sick myself (which thankfully is very rarely) it makes me cry like a baby and want my Mum to stroke my back.

I have stopped being sick now but feel totally washed out and shaky. My head is throbbing but I'm too scared to drink anything in case it comes back again {cry} Feeling pathetic :oops:

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Re: Sick :(

Post by ma larkin »

You poor thing {hug} thats horrid. Do you know what has made you sick? Hope you feel better soon,

best wishes

Ma Larkin
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Yep I,m the same!
Sorry that you,re feeling so rubbish, best thing is flat coke to drink, just little sips, avoid dairy like the plague and just rest your tummy for 24 hours. If you feel like it later, just have a dry cracker.

Lots of tummy bugs going round my little boy,s school. I,ve probably transfered it to the lane via internet! {rofwl}

Sending {hug}
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Poor you. {hug} I hate it too. Like Bettie, I do the sips of water thing.

Hope you feel better soon. >mmm<
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Oh, hope you are feeling better now, Lucy.

I agree you need your fluids, little sips of water would be good for you. If you are still feeling nauseous, get someone to boil the kettle for you and let that water cool down and drink it.

More often when people get THAT (won't say the word) they tend to get the OTHER (you know, begins with D and its a funny one to spell) )grin2(

In which case you definitely need to keep your fluid levels up as you will be dehydrated.

Hope you are back on your feet and back to normal soon. )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Have you had too much sun?
Classic, as you describe - up-chucking and shaky.
Fluids, wrapped up and lots of ~eep~
X
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

This is the kiss of death, but I haven't been sick for 25 years and that was a bad pint.

The time before that was also drink related - I was coming home from playing a gig in London, must have been 40 years ago and after being thrown out of a Wimpy Bar by the Police in the Strand for dancing on the tables. We stopped in Bromley and I was so loaded, it made no effort at all, just 'happened'!

Lovely subject!!

But I hate it, all be it that it's only happened about 5 / 6 times in my life!

So, hope you get better,

Richard

PS. I should add that because of the last time, I hardly drink now, just the occasional pint of real ale on a nice summers day and the odd red wine - last Ale about two seasons ago, last wine about four months ago!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Thanks for the words of comfort {hug}

I spent a fair part of yesterday snoozing and am feeling much better today. I went back into work this morning but promptly burst into tears as soon as I got a hug from my friend :oops: Been a somewhat stressful week, for many different reasons - each on their own, I can cope with but it all came at once. Maybe it was the worry that caused me to be ill, but work were fab and I spent most of the morning in the staff room with a big box of tissues. Luckily I have finished now for the week and can try to sort out the mess that is my family }hairout{

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway