Insect bites STILL itching

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Re: Insect bites STILL itching

Post by jannie »

Apparently the Army have a new defence against mozzies and other biting insects.....A@on skin so soft original dry oil body spray.....it is more effective than the jungle formular insect repellents ..and ....it smells nice and makes your skin soft....I have been able to work in the garden in the evenings since I started using it....:-D
Tiddles
Learner Laner

Post by Tiddles »

Yes, I've just bought some of that for our hols in France. It has citronella in it, which is meant to keep the bugs away.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

I wonder if that was the what decided the Army's purchase, having nice smelling, soft skinned soldiers.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Totally Scrambled wrote:I wonder if that was the what decided the Army's purchase, having nice smelling, soft skinned soldiers.
Dom

Don't know about soft skinned soldiers Dom... but our boys in afghanistan suffer terribly with cracked skin from the hot dry conditions.....
I really don't know how they discovered it works as a bug repellent...but my son says they all carry it now....but as with most things non essential the boys have to buy their own. )dwn: ....hence mum has a standing order with the a<on lady... {rofwl}
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

Sunny B wrote:Antihistamine cream doesn't do a thing for me, I discovered I have no lavender oil, so tried tea tree, still itchy.

But the main thing is should they still be so bad after three weeks? confused> Usually bites are gone in a few days.

And yesterday I went for a guided walk and ended up with a fresh selection of bites {cry}

Your obviously very tasty !.

:-D
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
roddelmae
Longlasting Laner

Post by roddelmae »

When we go down the garden in the summer, Irene gets bitten by anything and everything, whilst I do not.
The only conclusion I can come to is that she is very tasty and I am not! )t'
What's right with this country is the freedom to discuss what's wrong with it.
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Do you eat marmite Rod?
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
roddelmae
Longlasting Laner

Post by roddelmae »

Not intentionally, Al.
As has been said before, you either love it or hate it. I'm of the latter persuasion.
What's right with this country is the freedom to discuss what's wrong with it.
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Oh well, maybe your right then. It is said though that marmite eaten on a regular basis keeps them away. :-D
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Really? Could be the yeast as apparantly brewers yeast does too.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I spent a fun hour in the woods on Thursday climbing a tree to rescue my neighbours kitten that had been stuck up it for 2 days. Something really had a munch on my leg and by time I got out of the woods, had two huge red lumps on the back of my calf.
I tried my clicker on them (thanks Helen, they are FAB devices!) but they didn't seem to work this time. Now my whole calf is bright red, hot and lumpy with 2 huge blisters (presumably where the bites are). I did pop the blisters last night as they felt like they were going to explode (and got severely told off by my nurse friend for doing this) but this morning they are full and stinging like mad again {cry}

I can't believe that mosquito bites can be this painful. I can't even hide the gross things under trousers as I can't bear anything touching them and am having to wear shorts! Good job I don't need to leave the house today - I look like a freak :oops: )grin2(

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Piccy please )grin2(