Yukky verrucca

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Re: Yukky verrucca

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Well....been using the baz**ka stuff since the beginning of time...and it's still no better :? Went back to Docs and she STILL won't do anything. Been using this stuff ages and it's really no better.
Not sure what to do now +confused+

Shut up and put up..according to Doctor :?
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Hi there!You can buy something called "tincture of thuja"for warts in good health food stores of alternative therapy shops.
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I have also heard banana skins are good. Not tried it though.

When I was a girl I used to have this stick thing dabbed onto them. They then went all white and foamy and eventualy went.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

You make me laugh Helen..." white stick thing" narrows it down a bit {rofwl}

lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

madmum wrote:Hi there!You can buy something called "tincture of thuja"for warts in good health food stores of alternative therapy shops.

Hiya, thanks! will get some when I'm out tomorrow )t'

Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Izzy's verruca's have nearly gone )c(

I bought some stuff called Cuplex Gel (Boots ordered it in for me). I was a bit sceptical because it seemed just like Baz**ka but after a couple of weeks, there was a marked improvement (and no big hard lumps that the other stuff produced). I have now blitzed them with the home freezing stuff and they seem to have gone!

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

I used to be a pharmacist. Instead of gaffer tape, try 1" waterproof plaster strapping, the type without a dressing. Can buy from any chemist, and it sticks to skin much better than other tapes. Just cover up the verucca(s) to exclude oxygen, and keep replacing it when it comes loose until the verucca drops off. )t'
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Oooo, think I'll try that Lucy..good to read of something that actually works )t'
Will's got a fleshy colour lump on his now..have tried filing it down as it recommends but doesn't seem to do much +confused+
Not sure what to do really..but will try that stuff, and you said about a home freezing kit? didn't know you could get them?

lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

rhubarb93 wrote:I used to be a pharmacist. Instead of gaffer tape, try 1" waterproof plaster strapping, the type without a dressing. Can buy from any chemist, and it sticks to skin much better than other tapes. Just cover up the verucca(s) to exclude oxygen, and keep replacing it when it comes loose until the verucca drops off. )t'

Will's is deep inside the sole off his foot..will doing this bring it to the surface?

Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

The freezing kit was this one...
http://www.boots.com/en/Wartner-Verruca ... ons_44729/

I'd used it previously to no effect but I think combined with the cuplex it seems to have done the job. Mind you though, it's ended up costing a small fortune - why can't these things be obtained by prescription? Or why can't the surgery just freeze them off for children like they do for adults? I had some frozen off as a child and it was such a relief to be rid of them }hairout{

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Good old" health and safety" marlarky... }hairout{

It's also my son's "human right" to be able to have the treatment he needs..absolutely crazy.
My son's school are not allowed to put suncream on my son..but it's ok to let him burn?? +confused+

Makes me so angry {mr.angry}

lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Welll.....a few months of using the verrucca stuff hasn't worked..and it's got sizeably bigger.. :? It is hurting Will now so got Doc's appt tomorrow morning..surely they will do something for him this time?.. >fi<

bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Is it just the one verruca or is it a cluster??

If only one the verruca needs to be starved of oxygen, your doctor should use liquid nitrogen to damage the verruca and it will die, shrink and hopefully disappear.

It's not right that anyone, especially a child, should have to put up with months of suffering, it must be really sore.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Can't really see but looks like just the one..its a big hard lump now..poor Will cried this morning when he caught it with his boot.
Doc I'm seeing tomorrow will hopefully sort it, I won't leave till they agree to do something {mr.angry}

Failing that I shall take him to the minor injury unit and tell them my doc refuses to treat it... :?