One for the girls

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
kattcollins
Legendary Laner

One for the girls

Post by kattcollins »

I've been feeling quite offish this last few months even worse than normal, trouble is because I have Lupus, every ache, pain, lack of energy or unusual thing I always put it down to my lupus, but they're are a few symptons that don't really match up. over christmas during all the snow and freezing temps, I would sleep in the noddy with my windows wide open as i would get so hot, it was so bad that hubs started sleeping downstairs because he couldn't handle the cold lol and also, I havn't had a period for a good 6 months. Trouble is I'm only 42 so thought it can't be the big M yet as i'm too young. Well today I bought a menapause testing kit, looks like a pregnancy test where you have to pee on the stick.......to my horror, its came up positive yike* so I shall go to see my doc soon to have a proper blood test done to confirm it even though the test i bought says 99% accurate.

Question is, has anyone else started the big M in their early 40's because it does seem awfully early to me and I have to admit to being a bit worried and peep off )gr:
Mad Chick

Re: One for the girls

Post by Mad Chick »

Hi Katt

42 is young but not unheard of. My sister-in-law went through it in her late 20's. She had very few symptoms and only really found out when she was unsuccessfully trying for a baby - very sad. She did have to have hormone therapy as she was SO young but other than that she's been fine. I have a couple of friends in their late 40's who are currently going through it without too much trouble..

If you have a good practice nurse at your surgery, they're normally very good at explaining all about it and coming up with tips to help )t'

Try not to worry too much, I'm sure you'll be fine {hug&kiss}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Sending {hug} Katt. I am 51 and my doc says peri-menopausal which is about right for my age. 42 does seem young but I would doubt there is any sinister reason you have started with it already. Do you know what age your mum was? Sometimes it is in families to be earlier. I tried asking my mum but she is a cagy old so-and-so and I couldn't get a straight answer out of her :?
kattcollins
Legendary Laner

Post by kattcollins »

Thank you Lucy and Kate. Not sure about my mum, I'll have to ask her, I know she did have it bad and it seemed to go on for years and years yike*
sharon1
Lively Laner

Post by sharon1 »

Hi, I wouldn't worry too much, my great aunt was 38 and my other aunt was 42. I'm hoping it is in the family as I can't wait to finish my monthly's. They are a pain quite literally. I am 43 and hoping the event will happen asap. There again if you are wanting more kids, it won't be much fun with starting the menopause early.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I heartily agree that I wish they would end, I have suffered so much with 'the curse' horrendously low iron levels as a result. My GP sent me to hosp about 4 years ago and he was amazed that they didn't do a hysterectomy just 'faffed about', so I am still suffering even though I had to go in again this time last year }hairout{
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

I had a Mirena coil fitted after my second son, it is brilliant and stops you having periods )c( I'd recommend it to anyone.

The only thing is I thought I'd have no idea when I'm going through the menopause, so the testing kit sounds really interesting.

By the way, I had overactive thyroid and that made me feel very hot, along with weight loss, insomnia and itching.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
perchy

Post by perchy »

It can be in the genes apparently, my Mum was quite young and one of my Sister's and I was 40 when I started it and 43 when I was well and truly over it, the night sweats could be part of that yike* awful arn't they.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Got the T shirt thank goodness.
I wonder how many of the bolys are reading this and are thinking ' and they talk about man flu?'
They haven't a clue have they ? {rofwl}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Nope.. :?
Bet they've all read it though... :?
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

No we haven't... )run(

And you wonder why we avoid you sometimes }hairout{
wendy

Post by wendy »

If you don't want any more children, hopefully that is what it is.
I didn'[t start going through it until I was 55 and had, had nothing but problems since I was 35.
I also should have had a hysterectomy but they faffed about as well. So I had years and years of 'ladies' problems so many hysteroscopy's [s] I have given up counting. I had 4 last year :?
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Sunny B wrote:I had a Mirena coil fitted after my second son, it is brilliant and stops you having periods )c( I'd recommend it to anyone.

I had one fitted 4 years ago, and replaced 18 months ago and although things are a lot better than they used to be sadly I still suffer every month, sometimes only for a week sometimes for the whole month )gr: nowhere near as bad as it used to be but still a damn nuisance. That's why my GP thought they'd 'remove' everything. I am pretty fed-up with it all.......
kattcollins
Legendary Laner

Post by kattcollins »

I had one of those coils fitted years ago but started having problems about a year later, it had attached itself to my inner lady bits and I had to have it surgically removed :shock: since then I have been having the injection every 12 weeks and they were great, no periods, no pain and no pms but stopped having them a few years ago :-D
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I was sterilised about 12 years ago so only have a coil to try to help with the well named 'curse' :?