Back has gone again..

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Back has gone again..

Post by lizziedoggarden »

It seems that if I'm particularly stressed..my back gives up :? It's where my bra strap :oops: is and I feel so painful there. Have got some of my hospital tablets and they work, they just make me feel spaced out which is not good.
I wasn't at work much last week so it's not standing about or moving heavy tables that's done it. I've had alot to contend with the last few months.
Is it possible that stress can do that? My normal physio exercises aren't helping at all.
I find it very hard to "switch off" and relax..even getting in a nice bubble bath with a magazine irritates me..after 10 mins I've had enough..and I haven't really relaxed. }hairout{

Feeling very down about it at the moment {cry}
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
sleepy
Lively Laner

Re: Back has gone again..

Post by sleepy »

i really sympathise with you regarding shoulder pain, im sorry i cant offer any advice as nothing seems to help mine, perhaps a nice glass of wine while your soaking in your bubble bath would help you chill, i know it would me :oops:
wendy

Post by wendy »

Try pilates LDG it does relax the mind and body. A bit like yoga
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

In a word YES. I damaged my back nursing in the 80's. I have had 6 ops so far and the last one was to have the spine fused. My surgeon referred me to the Hydro pool. I have a phobia of water so you can imagine what that did for me. When I told my surgeon why it wasn't working he stopped it straight away as he said any type of stress causes tension which is bad for the back as all your muscles tense. My saviour is the old fashioned hot water bottle on the affected area.
If you are lifting heavy tables, that might be the cause of your pain
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Poor you!!!!Yes stress can of course cause all sorts of symptoms,tension in your body will produce all kinds of aches and pains its your body's way of saying"slow down or i will make you!!!"You must put aside some time for you!!!!Even if its just sitting down with a mag for half an hour.Otherwise you will become unable to do even the simplest of things.Look after yourself {warn}
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Oh Lizzie, you really are having a rubbish time lately {hug}

Stress will definitely affect your back as it will cause your muscles to tense. I can thoroughly recommend yoga - it really helped both my stress levels and my back )t'

Also, try and get some time for you. I know it's a bit of a cliché but it is really SO important. Massage always helps me to relax (unless the masseuse is a very cute guy!) and I think should be prescribed on the NHS. Ask around to see if there is anyone that does it in your area (one of my neighbours is a masseuse and gives me a discount) as it is much cheaper that way than in a posh salon )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

So sorry to hear you are poorly Lizzie {hug} I really do have trouble relaxing, even with massages. My back is playing up now, never had that before, its usually my neck }hairout{ You have been having a bad time lately. You really do need to try and relax, and stop lifting heavy things! {hug&kiss}
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I also recommend pilates, my physiotherapist put me on to it to help with joint
probs (I'm hypermobile) It really helped with aches & pains, also toned me up
& with a good instructor its very stress relieving. Unfortunately I dont listen to my own advice, I stopped doing it for too long & I'm now in agony with an
inflamed shoulder, & I'm on spacey dr-ugs too!
hope you feel better soon.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Make time to allow yourself to chill..............

{hug}
manda

Post by manda »

Nothing to add but....{hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

Awww Lizzie {hug} {hug} Hope today is better for you. {hug}
lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh Lizzie, poor you {cry}

In some ways if your medication makes you sleep I think that's a good thing - I'm quite old fashioned in that I think sleep is wonderful for helping the body repair itself.

Yoga is really good for relaxing the mind and body, also very good for the back too.

Sending big {hug} and hope you'll feel a bit better today {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Thank yo everyone {hug}
I do 2 days "dinner lady" at my son's school, today I told them that after Easter I shall only be doing 1 day...am finding myself so busy all the time..it's only 2 hours out of my day but when the kids are on hols I get so much more done because I'm not having to stop to go to work.
Am going to look into doing some yoga or pilates )t'
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Please be careful with Yoga and make sure you have a person that knows what they are doing to advise you.
When I was in hospital last having my back fused there was another girl in the bed opposite who had the same op. I asked her how she damaged her back and she'd done it while doing Yoga from a video tape
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Maggie - which ones did they fuse?
Mine - L5 to S1