Menopause Strange Sypmtoms

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
stace
Legendary Laner

Menopause Strange Sypmtoms

Post by stace »

Sometimes i think i am going a little mad!!
As some of you know i was having terrible panic attacks back in April. I was put on tablets to help. Well i have now been on them just over 3 months, and am getting some strange things going on. Not really sure if its side affects, or the change of my life {rofwl} But its driving me crazy. A few weeks back i got into bed and had from my feet upwards burning, tingeling weird feeling, i started to panic and it lasted about 3 hours just sweeping over my body, after this i got the chills. This has happened 3 times since, not lasting so long but still feeling like its there. I have palpatations (sp) that come and go, like my heart lurches as if you are on a roller coaster, this happens on and off all the time. Anyways i have been to see the lady Dr yesterday, she sent me for an ECG, then bloods. She is not sure if its the Menopause, side affects from the tablets that i have been taking, so she is checking for thyroid etc. I am so fed up with this, i seem to feel nervous all the time in the pit of my stomach, the tablets i am taking have helped i suppose, but she has now given me betablockers(sp). I just need to share this (wish my mum was here she would know) {cry} Pete has been great, but men really don't understand what its like.

Thanks for reading laners {hug&kiss}
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
wendy

Re: Menopause Strange Sypmtoms

Post by wendy »

Have you thought of HRT. In this day and age you do not have to put up with menopause symptoms.
In the nature of things, people did not live until they got to the menopause, so didn't get these problems. Now we do !.
If you don't want to go down that road and I did and never regretted it. Still on the patches now as they give me so much energy and as I still work and have to be quick sometimes I need it.
Have a look at the Japanese diet, the ladies over there don't seem to get these problems. Something to do with the amount of soya they eat I think.
Poor you, I hope you get it sorted out soon.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww Stace, sorry you are having such an awful time, it sounds like anxiety in there too, lets hope that the Dr and the tests help you soon, I had the awful burning and I use to look like a beetroot, but havn't had any symptoms for about 2 years now >fi< but I did go through this at 40.

Sending you a big {hug}
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Morning Wendy {hug} As i have blood pressure problems they would not even consider HRT, so that's not really and option for me. Its the not knowing whats going on with my body, i just seem a total wreck at the moment {cry} And they have told me the more worrying i do the symptoms will then end up being from anxiety as you get tingling etc with that. Just wish it would all go away {hug} Thanks Perchy i had the what i call Normal flushes at the beginning of the year, but this is such a weird feeling sweeping over my body, it really does freak me out. Lets hope the dr can sort it for me
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Aww Stace - so sorry you are having such a rough time. {hug} {hug&kiss}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

Clearly not qualified to comment but hope you feel better soon!

)t'
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Ditto.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Double ditto with a cherry on top.
Hope they find something to at least settle your mind soon {hug}
Dom
Ali Woks My World
wendy

Post by wendy »

I have high blood pressure also and take a tablet every morning. That is why I have the patches. They are absorbed through the skin and doesnt go through your kidneys.
Some doctors don't like it. Usually the men. I have to fight everytime I get a prescription now, as I am 67. I know the risks and they are far less than me getting killed in my car on the drive home from the doctors!!
Have a look at the Amarant trust they may have some answers for you. As I said in this day and age, us ladies do not have to suffer.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh Bev, lovely to see you I was wondering how you were.

Let's hope the results of the ECG and bloods will help you and doc get to the bottom of what's going on.

In the meantime {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
baileysgnasha
Legendary Laner

Post by baileysgnasha »

I`m glad your GP is checking thyroid as the symptoms you have described are very similar to when I had an over active thyroid they gave me medication for it and I no longer suffer with it. I was also given Citalopram for anxiety attacks, and luckily I'm off that as well now. The human body is a strange thing. Best of luck with the test results. {hug&kiss}
Andrea- Sunny Clucker fan awaiting her arrival in Kettering,Northamptonshire.
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Sorry you're still feeling under the weather Bev .. missed you lately {hug} ..

I was out with a group of old friends last night and ..we had a conversation about how we feel being our age .. one of the common complaints we seem to have is anxiety .. we all said 'we'd love to' when someone suggested going out for a meal .. but we all felt anxious about actually going and being in a busy restaurant .. it took all my resolve to go last night but this morning I've cancelled a coffee morning because I feel so shaky .. I didn't drink so it's not a hangover .. like you described I feel tingly and have palpitations ... It's driving me mad too as I find I feel so dreadful I'm ending up spending more time alone .. My Dr has put it down to the fact that I've had to go through a few traumatic events which made me physically sick with grief .. now my body just can't cope with stress .. }hairout{ .. I just wondered if something similar might be the root of your problems .. I know it's not the menopause with me as I went through it in my early 40's ..
Hope you get to the bottom of it soon anyway .. {hug} {hug}
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Jannie is so horrible to feel this way. I am supposed to be meeting old school friends tonight for a meal/drink, i really dont want to go {cry} There are some horrible symptoms with stress, at the moment both arms are tingling as i am typing. Its sometimes good to share i think, but i think mine is a little of both. Do hope we both feel better soon {hug}

I am taking Citalopram and was wondering if taking that for 3 months was the cause, anyways thankyou for all your good wishes, i will check all the websites {hug&kiss}
Bev xx

p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Funny you should say about the tingling - my arms are the same and my fingers keep going completely numb. :?

There is a fab book on the menopause by Maryon Stewart of the WNAS (Women's nutritiional advisory service). I can't seem to find it at the moment but I also have one of her other books 'the Natural Health Bible' which is certainly worth a read.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

{hug} {hug}

Do understand with the heat/ tingling from themenopause. Had the palpitations at a time of stress too so you seem to be unlucky with them together.
I got soya based desserts and milk for a while that seemed to help.

About the arms tingling and numb fingers Helen. I get that from the arthritis in my neck it traps a nerve or similar. Do some neck stretching exercises next time it happens and see if that helps. Imagine making the space between head and shoulders longer and tuck your chin in to stretch the back of the neck.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!