Headaches

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Headaches

Post by lizziedoggarden »

I've had a permanant headache for nearly a month, paracetomol or ibuforen doesn't shift it :? I realise it's all to do with stress..which I've been under lately...but I just can't shift it {cry}
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Re: Headaches

Post by Lillia »

lizziedoggarden wrote:I've had a permanant headache for nearly a month, paracetomol or ibuforen doesn't shift it :? I realise it's all to do with stress..which I've been under lately...but I just can't shift it {cry}

That's awful, Lizziedoggarden! You know what I do sometimes and it really helps; I go in the bathroom, shut the door and put the shower on hot. I sit there in the steam and most times it relieves my headache, regardless of the source.
Good luck to you {hug}
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Thanks Lillia..I shall give that a go in a bit )t' :-D

Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Try some lavender oil too - I dab it on my temples when I've got a stress-head on and it does seem to help )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Mad Chick wrote:Try some lavender oil too - I dab it on my temples when I've got a stress-head on and it does seem to help )t'

Thanks Lucy {hug}

Just been thinking ( can you hear the clunking noise?) but I started smoking quite heavily about six weeks ago...wonder if my brain ( whats left of it >dum< ) is dehydrated?

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

lizziedoggarden wrote:
Mad Chick wrote:Try some lavender oil too - I dab it on my temples when I've got a stress-head on and it does seem to help )t'

Thanks Lucy {hug}

Just been thinking ( can you hear the clunking noise?) but I started smoking quite heavily about six weeks ago...wonder if my brain ( whats left of it >dum< ) is dehydrated?

Quite possibly. Make sure you're drinking loads as dehydration is the most common reason for headaches. I know it's not easy to cut back on the cigs if you're stressed but it would probably help.
Sending you a big {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Thanks MissEllie {hug}

saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

If your neck is stiff try a spot of deep-heat or similar. Lots of water and cut back on the ciggies, there is lots of nasties in them. After a month I would have considered going to the doctor to be honest, just to be on the safe side. My Mum suffered for a long time with a bad back and headaches, it turned out that she was allergic to tomatoes, pork, wheat and potatoes.
Bah Humbug
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Try either pepermint oil on the forhead or "Forhead" sticks with levementhol.My headaches are not touched by parcetamol or ibuprophen,but both these help and you can not overdose with either of them.Try and drink more water or squash to compensate for the dehydration )t' {hug}
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

I'm already seeing the doc every two weeks to be weighed and monitered..I go next week, I'll mention it...it's just that it's something else for me to worry about. I'm a champion worrier :?

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

No symptom that lasts longer than 3 days and isn't relieved by over the counter meds should be ignored for a month.
You can't make assumptions as to what is causing these headaches Lizzie and when you do speak to your Dr please don't go in and tell him/her that you know they are caused by stress. Tell him /her exactly what the pain feels like (headache covers an enormous amount of differing problem) and let the Dr diagnose the problem.
In the meantime as everyone suggests keep hydration levels up,do your utmost to find time to relax - if only for 10 mins in a warm bath with the door shut to the world - and do that each day.
Will needs his Mum to be healthy as well as strong and to do that at times you have to stop and put yourself 1st . {hug}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
fishpond
Legendary Laner

Post by fishpond »

No symptom that lasts longer than 3 days and isn't relieved by over the counter meds should be ignored for a month.
You can't make assumptions as to what is causing these headaches Lizzie and when you do speak to your Dr please don't go in and tell him/her that you know they are caused by stress. Tell him /her exactly what the pain feels like (headache covers an enormous amount of differing problem) and let the Dr diagnose the problem.
I agree wholeheartedly with what Annie has written above.
Get it checked out pronto.
If you still suffer or are not happy with the diagnosis KEEP GOING BACK.
I kept going back and finally had a Dr who listened. He saved my life.(seriously)
It may be nothing to worry about, but you never know.
No problem can withstand the power of continuous thought.
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

Dont suffer in silence get round the Doctors as soon as you can!

{hug} {hug} {hug}
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Also Lizzie it has been found that taking this type of painkiller over more than the advised number of days can actually see an increase in the headache - seriously you need to speak to a medic {hug}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I would definitely stop taking the paracetamol and ibuprofen - then if you haven't seen an improvement after a couple of days, call the dr - I would make a separate appointment for this tbh, and not wait.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.